Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Which Scenario Pack?

Werewolf13

Played CO1 extensively and had all the Matrix Battle packs, HTR, BFG and the Bulge.

Been away for a while but finally pulled down the CO2 core engine and am wondering which battle pack to get. I'm leaning towards Cauldron or West Wall (not sure that one has been published) but am open to suggestions on the others (except the bulge - been there and done that in various games both paper and digital for the past 45 years).

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Werewolf13

hmmmm...

39 views and not a single comment or suggestion about which battle pack to buy.

Well - that's not a good sign - not a good sign at all.

Daz

My personal favourite is the Highway to the Reich.
This is also the pack I would recommend to a beginner to the series, as all the smaller scenarios are a lead in to the epic, From the Muese to the Rhine scenario, which is arguably the best scenario in the whole collection.
I note that you have quite a bit of experience with Command Ops though, so maybe one of the new packs like the West Wall would be more to your liking?

Command-Ops-2-Scenario-Packs.jpg

Werewolf13

Actually my experience goes all the way back to Red Devils over Arnhem - long long time ago. Until CO2 the only one I've skipped is Battles of the Agean. Love the series - best wargame of all time as far as I'm concerned.

Got the itch to play more and since I bought a new PC and failed to save my CO1 Matrix setup files and the other battle packs I'd bought and it's not available for redownload at Matrix - it looks like CO2 will be a total rebuy - eventually.

I've reviewed all the BP's available and the Cauldron BP is the one that immediately grabs my attention.

Would you comment on that one, please.

Daz

I was just in the process of formulating a reply for you.
I was going to say the Cauldron as its a bit like taking a summer vacation, after playing the cold and miserable Battle of the Bulge scenarios :joyful:

They are both great packs however, with a good selection of short and longer scenarios and the maps look great.
Here is a sample of the Malta one.

Battle-for-the-Maltese-Cross.jpg