Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Minor Map GUI Tweak

TortugaPower

One minor complaint I have about the interface right now is not being able to move the map far enough off-screen. Sometimes I want to see more off-map/grey at the edges because my interface is covering the sides. There are times I can't access my units in the corner or side of the map because my interface is still covering it when I move the map as far in one direction as it will go.

I wonder if this is possible or can be added as an option?

TortugaPower

Not sure the pixels, but maybe 50% more off-map border. This is what I mean (my map is scrolled to the max bottom right):
01 - 02 -
Always great to see a developer with a quick response, Dave. I hope there aren't negatives that go along with this (e.g. an impact on performance).

You can see that I like to dock my interface to the edge. Is it possible to have a "snap-to" button that can be toggled to the right of the title on the title bar, where by the interface will snap to the nearest edge when you get close enough?
E.g. -

oDk2HMK.png
TDT9Q

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
There maybe a performance hit because we'll need to allocate more RAM and manipulate a bigger off-screen bitmap. Won't know till we try it. Re snap to feature. Yes that would be nice but please remember I'm not a GUI programmer. I get by with the basics in GUI work but for more advanced features I need someone with some real GUI programming skill.

dippysea

The alternative is allow you to move the map around. ie click and drag it to the left to make the right hand viewable. At the moment the zoom keeps the map in the centre.