Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

World At War Compendium Volume 2 Available for Pre-Order

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
The Compendium Volume 2 is packed with over 85 full-color pages of World at War content!

Based on the Line of Fire material from issues #8 through #13, this iteration of the Compendium includes a tankful of scenarios—over 30! It also contains the continued history of World War III as it happened, battle reports, articles, Jeff Schulte’s clever HQ variant, a new 11”x17” geomorphic map, and 130 counters—featuring 21 new counters for Luxembourg forces that battle it out with Poles and Soviets in a brand-new five-scenario modulette, Ardennes Again. An Order of Battle for all counters in the Compendium rounds out the content.

Counters include formations of US Marines, an expanded Team Charlie, the Soviet 3rd Tank, two new Luxembourg formations, and Chinese and Vietnamese forces that fight it out in a six-scenario modulette, Jungle Blood & Sweat.

You can order it Compendium Volume 2 here

Contents

· 30 Total Scenarios + 6 Variants for “First Moves” from Eisenbach Gap

· Battle Reports and Articles

· HQ Variant

· One 11”x17” Geomorphic Map

· 130 Counters

· Four Modulettes:

Ø Ardennes Again (NEW!)

Ø A Place Called Fulda

Ø It’s the Oil, Stupid!

Ø Jungle Blood & Sweat

The Compendium Volume 2 is a must-have feast for all World at War enthusiasts. Don’t miss out. Lock ‘n Load Publishing . . . More Game, Less Guff!

NOTE: The Compendium Volume 2 does NOT include SADF/FAPLA scenarios and components that have been publishing in issues #8 through #13 of Line of Fire. These will be republished later in a complete module.

Attachments

• WAWC2_CoverREV3.pdf
    629.1 KB · Views: 8
  • WAWC2_backcover.pdf
    476.3 KB · Views: 5
David, is the map mounted like those in Into the Breach or is it like the thin cardstock like in Compendium 1? TIA!

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Jonathan

The maps are not mounted. They are on a much thicker paper stock then we use to print on.. We look at a lot of games and all the maps overtime seem to warp. I am not to big on the mounted maps.

Thanks David, how does the pre-order work? Is it charged immediately or when it ships? I tried to locate that info on my own but came up dry. Either way Im excited, will definitely get a copy but if it charges now I will wait until they are actually in stock to purchase. :)

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Jonathan

Pre-Orders are charge right away. The difference now is products put up for pre-order are being printed and put together for shipment. So the wait time is much shorter. Games going forward on I Want This Game will now be called investment-orders they will have larger discount and or special add-ons only available during the investment stage. We will NOT be charging anyone until the game is ready for production. Before it charge you at the moment you choose to invest in a product. We will be installing a new site shortly to handle that all this. So Pre-Orders and Investment-Orders will be handle much differently then in the past.

Ken Warren

Wow! Compendium 2 looks great! That reminds me that I need to play some more WaW. :)

Ken Warren

Looking for advice: order Compendium 2 now or wait and get The Untold Stories as soon as the reprint is ready.

I currently have EGD, Blood and Bridges, and Compendium 1. I'm concerned that many (?) Compendium 2 scenarios will require TUS. Any suggestions?

Jeff Lewis

Hi Ken,

You'll be able to play 4 of the 6 "First Moves" variant scenarios; 4 stand-alone scenarios; if you have LoF8 you'll be able to play It's the Oil, Stupid!, but if not you can still play 1 of the 3 in that; 1 of the 3 in A Place Called Fulda; nothing in Jungle Blood & Sweet; and 2 of the 5 in Ardennes Again. So 12 total w/o TUS with the products you have. With TUS, you'd be able to play all of A Place Called Fulda, Jungle Blood & Sweat and Ardennes Again and a couple more stand-alone scenarios and all 6 "First Moves' variants.

-Jeff

Ken Warren

Thanks Jeff! That's a lot of good information. :)

I'll have to decide what to do. Either way, I'll be getting both Comp 2 & TUS eventually. Decisions, decisions...

Jeff this part is throwing me:
if you have LoF8 you'll be able to play It's the Oil, Stupid!, but if not you can still play 1 of the 3 in that

So you're saying the compendium which is supposed to cover LoF 8 -13 isnt stand alone? That one must actually own one of the line of fires in addition to the compendium thats supposed to have all of that content already?

Please say Im misunderstanding this, otherwise this seems like an extremely poor business decision.

Jeff Lewis

Jonathan,

The Compendium 2 isn't stand-alone for anything (neither was Volume 1), and it's not stated as such. You need other WaW products to play the scenarios in it. Just like you need other modules to play most scenarios in an issue of Line of Fire. In the one instance you are referring to, there's a map in LoF8 that you need for 2 scenarios in It's the Oil, Stupid!, which was in LoF11 (the other 2 maps are in Compendium 1). I was answering a question in regard to the other products that Ken owned, and what he could play with those components. The map in question, in LoF8, is for SADF/FAPLA scenarios that appeared in a few issues of LoF, starting with #8, and have all been excluded from the Compendium because they will be organized and further expanded into their own module, of which the map will be a part of, thus it was decided to leave the map out. It's the Oil, Stupid! comprises a mere 3 of the 36 total scenarios in the Compendium 2, and I thought it was better to include it than leave it out because of a map, knowing that most Compendium customers are WaW completists who have most, if not all, WaW modules and related publications, and will certainly acquire the SADF/FAPLA one when it is done. To play all 3 scenarios in It's the Oil, Stupid! you need also need Eisenbach Gap, Compendiums 1 and 2, Blood & Bridges, and Into the Breach.

Ahhh glad to hear its heading into the South African boxed set. Makes me feel better for sure. Thanks a ton Jeff, for your time! :)

Ken Warren

I must say that I, too, am looking forward to the SADF set. Between now & then there's still plenty of WaW for me to play. Thanks again, Jeff, for the Compendium 2scenario info!

Jeff Lewis

Just a little more on the scenarios in the Compendium V.2:

If you own the 3 core WaW games (Eisenbach Gap Deluxe, Blood & Bridges and The Untold Stories), you can play all 6 "First Moves" variant scenarios, 7 of the stand-alone scenarios, all 3 scenarios in A Place Called Fulda, all 6 scenarios in Jungle Blood & Sweat and all 5 scenarios in Ardennes Again. That's 27 out of 36 scenarios.

Again, the Compendiums are feasts for WaW enthusiasts; they are feasts + an endless dessert bar for the WaW completist.