Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific Sample Game Manual

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Take a look, here is a sample of just a few pages of the game manual. Mark came up with what we all feel is a much better way to show the manual edition. Instead of using version numbers we will be using month/year manual edition.

Mark has done a great job on the manual, Blackwell on the layout and David Julian with the artwork. We want to know what you think.

Attachments

• LnL-Sample-HOTP-Manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 68

darcone

Quick thought: Color ROCKS!

A comparison to V3 rules notes that there are twice as many pages in the new rulebook. The reason becomes clear when you see the very legible font size and the copious illustrations. The new format looks like it should also be easier to follow and to search.

vsadek

Website
hr.linkedin.com
David, thank you for all your effort lately. A lot of improvement in communication since you arrived.

Manual looks great and I can hardly wait to receive my copy. Preordered already. I wish all LnL games manuals could be available in full for download in PDF format for customers.

Regards

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Well guys that is were we are moving to. Living manuals that can be downloaded and available on release. Our manuals are now on a nice stock. I try soon to get a sample of the Examples of Play manual. Keep the comments coming and know that we are listening.

sdickes

I think the color PDF sample is fantastic and living, downloadable manuals will be great -- they will be available more quickly and will be searchable. I would suggest that maybe there should be a core set of rules and additional rule sets that include things like WWII air power, helicopters, Modern air power, boats, ....

Thanks for the hard work!

Squad Leader

Guys, we are certainly looking at a core set, but with Heroes of the Pacific we are trying something new. The rules include everything that you need to play the game, nothing more. You won't find rules for ATGMs, PIATs, or helicopters in Heroes of the Pacific. Yes, these rules are almost twice the length of the HoG rules (for example), but there is probably only a couple hundred more words. An airy, artful layout births the extra page count.

New concepts include locations vice hexes, different captured and SMC SW rules, allowing MG WT to use their FP in melee, Caves, weapons pits, and other stuff. In short I tried to simplify, clarify, and consistentfy (is that a word ?) the rules.

Mark Drake

Mark,

Mind explaining the rule for MG WT use of their FP in melee please?
Reason I ask is am running FH scenario River of Perfume at annual Heat of Battle con at National WW2 Museum next month and was going to house-rule that rule but would prefer to use the new "official" rule if possible.

Thx,
Mark Drake

Squad Leader

In 1.6.3... this was in the rules that I put online for everyone to look at.

Sentence ending preposition aside, if engaged in Melee, Weapon Teams (machine guns excepted) defend with a nominal Firepower of one 1, and cannot counterattack. If a Weapon Team is eliminated, its weapon is considered destroyed and may not be captured or re-crewed as Support Weapons can.

Weapon Teams depicting machine guns (the M1917A1 in Heroes of the Pacific) cannot move into Melee (i.e. move into a Melee hex), but may defend and counterattack with their full Firepower.

Mark Drake

Mark W.

Thank you for posting this--musta missed it in the online sample pages but appreciate you putting it on here.

Am running the River of Perfume scenario on Friday 8/8 and Sat. 8/9 from 5pm to 8pm each day if anyone here can make it.

Mark Drake

Yes it is.

Will be running River of Perfume scenario for FH2 on both Friday 8/8 and Saturday 8/9 from 5-8pm.
Anyone here can make it please come by and introduce yourself and/or get in on the game.
Will be using the new MG WT rule for FP in melee--always wanted to see that change.

Mark W.--is there a complete HotP manual posted online or just the sample above?

Last question--do Snipers still have no Movement in HotP?

Stefano G.

Hello Mark, i have a question about new HotP game manual 20.01 Ordnance Attacks During Night Scenarios and 14.32 Target Acquisition and Spotting ("A firing unit under an Acquiring marker does NOT need to spot (10.1) a target with the same-lettered Acquisition marker.") :

If, during a night scenario, a target is further than two hexes from a tank (or from any other unit using ordnance weapon) BUT it's marked with this tank's "Acquisition Marker" (or of any other ordnance unit), can this tank attack Aquired target even if no "fired" marker is on target?...or must target be "Fired" marked anyway to be attacked?...if they are useless during night Scenario, are then "Acquisition Markers" removed in administrative phase? Thank you a lot :)

Last edited:

Stefano G.

Thank you Mark,:)
just another question:
  1. In 1.6.1 is written that: "Eligible SMCs can fire a SW, be it captured or friendly, but the first attack with a Support Weapon that fails to cause a Damage Check on the DFT or score a hit, if using the OFT, removes the Support Weapon at the conclusion of the attack".....well, but, if two SMCs are using (firing) the same SW, does this restriction still persist?...i ask this question because, in previous manual version, two SMCs (operating with same SW) negate the previous restriction relating firing with half of SW's FP.
  2. ...in addition, in 1.6.1.1 Tripod Machine Guns: "A Good Order Squad or Half-Squad can flip the counter in the Rally Phase." ...what about SMC? ...can two SMCs flip tripod machin gun?

Thank you so much for your help!:cool:

P.S. ...i am not sure this thread is the right place where to place questions, in case could you write me the right one?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The nice catch by Stefano is for having noticed that the negation of those restrictions for two SMC were no longer in the rulebook. I have myself read the HoP version of the rules and miss that one (and you know I read those rules carefully :) )