Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Are there any Linux users?

Perturabo

So, they started implementing Direct2D and while some Direct2D games are playable, CO2 isn't.

I reported a bug in Wine that causes CO2 to crash and makes the game unplayable, but no one seemed to bother even confirming it.

Could you guys post some comments there, so they'd see it's not just me?

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40292

Perturabo

So, now it's runnable on Ubuntu 16.04. But still there are lots of problems. Among other's Wine has very poor implementation of child-windows of programs. Overlays don't work correctly too.
Did someone here file a report on WineHQ? I rejected it with a request for more info on what to install to make it work, but it turns out, I couldn't replicate the results because it required some new functionality of the new Linux kernel or something like that, not because it needed some arcane tinkering.

miya

Perhaps there is a way to play CO2 without using Wine. As an alternative you could use a program like VirtualBox and create virtual Microsoft Windows machine.

Perturabo

Perhaps there is a way to play CO2 without using Wine. As an alternative you could use a program like VirtualBox and create virtual Microsoft Windows machine.
I can't afford an expensive OS like this. (ok, theoretically I could save up for it, but then I wouldn't be able to afford games and other stuff XD ).