Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Menu Hotkeys not working

Daz

Anyone else having problems with the menu hotkey combinations?

The use of shift (number) to access the menus along the bottom of the screen is not working correctly.
I think it has something to do with the focus on the pop up dialogues, and the main screen changing, so they become untoglable, i.e. they open but won't close again, until focus is set back to them by clicking on the open dialogue.
Actually, the only one I can get to work at all is the OB, the others don't seem to work at all.

On a side note, is there any chance we can have icons instead of the abbreviated words for the buttons, some time in the future?
I don't know about others but even playing this game for a very long time, I still have problems with identifying which button I want to press to access the Intel filter the range rings, message filter and display lines.
The use of icons, like most other programs use nowadays, instead of the abbreviated words, would be so much better in my opinion.
Even better, would be if there were individual icons for each, instead of having to cycle through the lists.

rocketman

Yes, last time I tried shift-commands it didn't work (non Steam version).

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Guys, there seem to be a bunch of hotkey issues originated quite some time (few updates) ago and not noticed until now. We've discussed this already and going to address this soon (not really soon, but soon enough, lol).

Daz

The hotkeys has only become an issue for me because I am planning on doing a video.
Previously I have had all the dialogues open on my other monitor, but I am having to re-learn the best way to handle them on just my main one, so the video captures everything.
Trying to do this has highlighter some frustrating behaviour of the interface, and the over bloated dialogues (lots of dead unnecessary space), are taking up way more screen real-estate than they need to be.

I do a lot of stuff on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CC, that have excellent interfaces, making the transition back to Command Ops from using them doubly frustrating. I know they have a budget of millions $, but maybe take some ideas from their invested research into the best way to layout a UI and apply some of it to the Command Ops one.