Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Getting CO2 to work on Mac

Hexaotl

I saw the sticky thread where it was stated that one could use bootcamp or Wineskin to run CO2 on Mac, but neither option has worked for me. Using bootcamp all the icons and the UI is so tiny it is unreadable (another user reported the same problem), and using Wineskin (my preferred method) it crashes when trying to launch it. Is there a way to get one of the methods to work, or use a third method?

(or do you at Panther Games have any plans on porting steam CO2 to Mac...?)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Not at this stage. Our graphics at the moment are tied to the Microsoft Foundation Classes. We would like to ditch these in favour of Unity engine. That would in theory give us an option to generate a Mac version. But right now that would entail a big investment and until I know how our STeam sales are going I'm not prepared to commit to that. So we'll have to wait for a bit.

Hexaotl

Not at this stage. Our graphics at the moment are tied to the Microsoft Foundation Classes. We would like to ditch these in favour of Unity engine. That would in theory give us an option to generate a Mac version. But right now that would entail a big investment and until I know how our STeam sales are going I'm not prepared to commit to that. So we'll have to wait for a bit.

Lets hope the sales are good! In the meantime I managed to get CO2 to work on Mac using an application called Crossover (basically Wine), it isnt a completly smooth experience, and some things are buggy, but if you really want to play the game you can. I guess it will have to do until an eventual port to mac/or I get a windows computer.