Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

5.1.27: Cannot see the Force Dialog

Bobbyb1

Hi there. First time back in CO2 for quite a while, so maybe I have just forgotten something blindingly obvious...Downloaded and installed the 5.1.27 release first and have tried going into various scenarios across the different pack and can open all dialog boxes EXCEPT the Force Dialog. It just doesn't open - or at least isn't visible to me if it is. It isn't under any other open dialog - even with everything (OB, Controls, whatever) closed I still cannot see it. I select a friendly unit and click the button for it - nothing. Press the short cut (1) - nothing. I try the right-click option - nada. Same thing for 'intel report' on an enemy unit - the dialog just doesn't appear on my screen. I have two screens and it doesn't appear to be that in that I can drag another dialog onto my secondary monitor and back again no problem...

REALLY weird. Anyone else encounter this???

Bobbyb1

Nope - did that Dave. "I select a friendly unit...", by which I meant I click on it, and right-click then selecting force Data from the context menu is what I mean by "I try the right-click option".

It's like the Force Data dialog is opening 'somewhere else' it thinks it can from a screen real estate perspective or something, but that isn't visible. If that WAS the case, would it be that some ini file or something holds the screen location of where I last opened the force Dialog (which would have been in like 1.5.22 or something when I last had some time to play)? I could see what that is and edit it perhaps to be whatever you have as the default?

deep42

Try the following.

Click the 1FD button. Then press the space-bar while holding down the Alt-key. Release the Alt-key and press the V-Key then Cursor Right key. And if you are lucky, you will find the Force Data Dialog, when moving your mouse. If it doesnt work the first time, do the same once more..

HTH
Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Alternatively you could uninstall your game, clear the registry and then reinstall. The dialog status and positions are stored in the registry under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Panther Games\UI Options. You need to use Regedit to clear the registry. I have not tested the following but you may be able to get by without a reinstall. You could try clearing the registry and then launch the game again. It may rebuild it for you but I have not tested this.

deep42

Alternatively you could uninstall your game, clear the registry and then reinstall. The dialog status and positions are stored in the registry under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Panther Games\UI Options. You need to use Regedit to clear the registry. I have not tested the following but you may be able to get by without a reinstall. You could try clearing the registry and then launch the game again. It may rebuild it for you but I have not tested this.
Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Panther Games\UI Options I have deleted the "Force Data Position" entry. This resets the position of the dialog to the upper left corner of the main screen. But be careful, when playing around in the registry. ;)

Bobbyb1

Try the following.

Click the 1FD button. Then press the space-bar while holding down the Alt-key. Release the Alt-key and press the V-Key then Cursor Right key. And if you are lucky, you will find the Force Data Dialog, when moving your mouse. If it doesnt work the first time, do the same once more..

HTH
Peter
I managed to 'find' my travelling Force Dialog box using this method (or a bit of a variation fo it anyway:)). It seems to have been stored off to the left hand side of my actual screen, probably from when I had the second monitor attached but in a different configuration (i.e. on the left side of my laptop, as opposed to the right side). Getting to the window control and hence being able to move it by a few right arrow key presses as you suggested Deep worked a treat.

Thankfully I didn't have to get in and stuff around in Regedit; there was a time back before I had people for that sort of thing that I would have have had a crack at it but I am glad I didn't! And I *really* didn't want to have to unistall and re-install again.

All good - crisis averted:)

Thanks to both of you for thinking of solutions for me.

Regards,
Mark

AWEverard

I have a problem with Force data box - it, unlike all others, has text overflowing issues.

Attachments

• Command Ops Forde data Capture.PNG
    Command Ops Forde data Capture.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5