Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Printing Maps?

MrLongleg

For planning a campaign it would be great if it would be possible to print the maps with objectives. How can this be done?

MrLongleg

@Daz, you are too kind. I am working on the "Race for Bastogne" Scenario. But you should not waste your time for that - I'll figure something out.

MrLongleg

Man, thank you. Maybe I can beat the scenario with your help now. I tried a couple times usually ending in a draw. The trick seems to be getting into Bastogne from the north. But getting there in time is tricky.

MrLongleg

Finally was able to beat this scenario - the maps were a help. Achieved a minor victory by getting all the objectives - the last one south west of Bastogne literally in the last minute. There was no time left to exit units.

Daz

Good job on beating the scenario mate :)

I have added another map to the Race for Bastogne resource.
Here is a low rez image, much better quality one can be found in the Race for Bastogne resources pdf.
Race-for-Bastogne-map-with-overlay.jpg

MrLongleg

Thank you, Daz - you are putting a lot of effort into this. And it is a great game. Hope we will get some PBEM at one point, then we could have a friendly match ;-)

Daz, thanks for this and all the other aids you have posted, I'm reading your amazingly wrought AARs right now. Could I ask, since this might be a different way to answer the original question, what tools you use to create your images? How do you stitch the maps together and how do you draw the mil symbols so well?

Daz

Daz, thanks for this and all the other aids you have posted, I'm reading your amazingly wrought AARs right now. Could I ask, since this might be a different way to answer the original question, what tools you use to create your images? How do you stitch the maps together and how do you draw the mil symbols so well?
Hi mate.
I subscribe to the Adobe CC package.
It has taken me a long time to become proficient with it, and it is expensive, but allows an unprecedented level of manipulation to just about anything than can be rendered on a screen.

The Adobe apps I use the most are:
  • Photoshop - for cropping and stitching screen grabs together, as well as separating individual elements from their backgrounds.
  • Illustrator - for adding map overlays and military graphics to the maps.
  • InDesign - For assembling the individual elements into a story and eventual export to a PDF.
It's a very time consuming process, but I enjoy doing it.

I have been trying to get into the video making side of things, but to make the kind of video I have in mind, requires me to become proficient with Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro, which I have not had the time or the motivation to invest in at the moment, I'm afraid.
Part of the problem is that I use a two monitor setup, to play Command Ops, and that doesn't translate well into a gameplay video.
Also I get very tongue tied in my commentary, and on playing it back, it makes me cringe lol