Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

papymaj5

Dave, any chance of seeing a patch come out soon? There were a few fixes over the last 1+ years that I would like to see.

Txema

Hi Dave,

More than 3 months have passed since the Steam launch... Any news on the patch and the code fixes?

papymaj5

No quick reply anyway. Makes me nervous. Its a perfectly legit question.
Dave lives in Australia so 12pm Eastern would be 10PM their time Friday night. He usually doesn't monitor the forums over the weekend. Wait until Sunday evening and you should see him reply.

Greg

Dave lives in Australia so 12pm Eastern would be 10PM their time Friday night. He usually doesn't monitor the forums over the weekend. Wait until Sunday evening and you should see him reply.

Guess nothing to report. I'll go away.

Rosseau

It's been 17 months since the last patch. Even the fanboys cannot excuse this. And I put blame mostly on LnL management for letting this slide so long. Not to repeat myself, but I've bought everything from the original HTTR, and Matrix would never have let this happen. Customers would have flipped out.

And the delay in getting it on Steam is ridiculous. Every two-bit Indie dev is getting their junk up there all the time. Nor does that explain what our CO2 dev has been doing 17 months, as it's not his job to work with Steam - it's the company's job.

As far as I know, the current build could be 95%, in which case I am good with that. But the expert players know what needs to be done patch-wise and they need to shout about it. But it seems like we in the minority who supported this CO2 venture are getting treated shamefully. I never would have expected this.

HercMighty

.....Matrix would never have let this happen. Customers would have flipped out.

Have to disagree here...what is happening here is a repeat of what happened at Matrix and was the reason for the move to LNL, and there was much the same outcry on the Matrix forums...so now you have to wonder what is the common denominator? Such a shame really....

papymaj5

Have to disagree here...what is happening here is a repeat of what happened at Matrix and was the reason for the move to LNL, and there was much the same outcry on the Matrix forums...so now you have to wonder what is the common denominator? Such a shame really....

I am not sure why people believe nothing is going on anymore. Yes, there has not been a "patch" in about a year but the product is pretty much mature as it is. They have, since early 2016, launched to Steam and are releasing a new module. Dave has stated that the Steam version had some fixes to it, I cannot recall what exactly. To make my point, it is still under development. As for CO2 v2, development takes a long time especially if it is a small or one man shop and Panther Games is not Paradox and one cannot expect the same level of development activity. Dave went to Steam to get a further outreach to maybe leverage to find additional help or financing for future projects. This all takes time. For a perspective of timeline: RDOA 2002, HTTR 2003, COTA 2006, CO 2010 and CO2 2015.

Reactions: Rob

Rosseau

Thanks for the update. The exe I have is 17 months old, so maybe we can get an updated one and a Steam key at some point.

papymaj5

Thanks for the update. The exe I have is 17 months old, so maybe we can get an updated one and a Steam key at some point.
The last update was 5.1.28 (March 29, 2016). I would use the update tool to get the latest version.

BigDuke66

In my opinion it's not the lack of patches but rather the long silence that makes the fans here indignant.
And just like I stated on the topic of the Matrix TOAW series I state here that the lack of communication makes the fanbase erode, to win them back once the have said goodbye to the series is often much more trouble then it would have been if you had tried to keep them interested in the game right away.

Rosseau

That's true Duke.

But if you're referring to TOAW IV, that is an upcoming release. CO2 and modules I paid for more than a year ago. I just want to know what final issues need to be patched and get it done. Thanks.

BigDuke66

I referred to TOAWIV more in the way that Matrix could have simply taken over the fanbase of TOAWIII if they would have held the communication up. Instead they led TOAWIII starve to death by complete lack of communication and patches just every 3-5 years. TOAWIV has to rebuild the fanbase of the series and that is a tough task for such an old engine even with all the improvements.

It would help CO2 already if a To-Do list, Road-Map or whatever would be posted, so the players know what the Devs are up to and what the fans can look forward to. But I guess that is not done because it would make the fans hope for something that might not make it, and that is understandable as the shitstrom that would follow is something no developer needs.

simovitch

On the data development side of things, we are hammering away at the next module, and it's starting to look rather good. I've known Dave for many years and his lack of response on the forums of late has never been about his lack of interest in the game; it's usually something else that transcends our interest in this hobby, like family issues or government contract work.

Rosseau

Well, it's a tough business, so I hope he is doing well for the government. I'm sure CO2 is not paying anyone's bills right now.

And not to depress anyone, but I don't see any evidence that the younger generations are being drawn to games like CO2 or TOAW IV.

loyalcitizen

Yes, "chit" wargames are a dying breed, done only as a labour of love. Since the days of selling this game to Defence Depts seems to have come and gone, opening up the code to the fans would be a welcome gesture after the next module releases.

Kurt

Yes, "chit" wargames are a dying breed, done only as a labour of love. Since the days of selling this game to Defence Depts seems to have come and gone, opening up the code to the fans would be a welcome gesture after the next module releases.
That's not entirely true , " Paradox Games " have done financially well with titles such as " Hearts of Iron " despite the fact that it has a sh*%! AI and they keep releasing pricey DLC's rather than addressing important game mechanic issues . With funding CO2 could produce an aesthetically appealing , " all singing all dancing " colourfull , polished , product that would appeal to a wider audience .
All Dave needs to do is borrow £1,000,000 then hire a full time time team of ~ 13 programmers and .................. we can advance on Moscow and save the world from bolshevism .

Last edited: