Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Recoilless Rifles/Guns WTs.

Stefano G.

Hello everyone.
From 1.6 Support Weapons: "SWs that use the OFT cannot be fired from Buildings or Bunkers..."

IMHO, by the same token, even to Recoilless Rifle/Gun WTs (such as Argetinian 90mm) should be forbidden to fire from Buildings or Bunkers, shouldn't it?

Cottonbaler

That is my interpretation. The backblast from the weapon in an enclosed space would be dangerous to the crew and any other room/bunker occupants.

Stefano G.

Any weapon team with a gun size larger than 20mm can't be fired from inside a building.

Yes, but guns (whichever size) can to be fired from Bunkers (they are considered different from stone or wooden buildings): no LnL rule, rightly , prevents it ...IMHO, Recoilless Rifle/Gun WTs should not be allowed to fire inside Bunker (due to its back blast) and in 1.6 Support Weapons rule should be added: "SWs that use the OFT , and Recoilless Rifle/Gun WTs, cannot be fired from Buildings or Bunkers...."

Last edited:

Rydo

Yes, but guns (whichever size) can to be fired from Bunkers (they are considered different from stone or wooden buildings): no LnL rule, rightly , prevents it ...IMHO, Recoilless Rifle/Gun WTs should not be allowed to fire inside Bunker (due to its back blast) and in 1.6 Support Weapons rule should be added: "SWs that use the OFT , and Recoilless Rifle/Gun WTs, cannot be fired from Buildings or Bunkers...."

Hi Stefano!

When i play, i houserule that a unit can but take a damage with half the FP of the weapon used ( only weapons that can be carried by squads and that can enter buildings. ).

But in real life what is this back blast you are talking to? Because i saw some videos from ukraine civil war and they fire RPGs from inside buildings. But i'm quite sure you are talking about more bigger calibers right?

Regards.

Stefano G.

Hi Stefano!

But in real life what is this back blast you are talking to? Because i saw some videos from ukraine civil war and they fire RPGs from inside buildings. But i'm quite sure you are talking about more bigger calibers right?

Regards.

Hi Rydo,
well...look at this video with a 57mm recoilless gun and try to image the back blast effect inside a closed room or Bunker ;)

Maybe, the effect depends on how modern the weapon is, but generally speaking it's not a good idea to be present in a room or bunker when firing an AT rocket or recoilless gun with back blast.

Rydo

Hi Rydo,
well...look at this video with a 57mm recoilless gun and try to image the back blast effect inside a closed room or Bunker ;)

Maybe, the effect depends on how modern the weapon is, but generally speaking it's not a good idea to be present in a room or bunker when firing an AT rocket or recoilless gun with back blast.

:woot:! Holy...!

Ok, now i understand why!

Thank you for your time and the video, i appreciate it!

Regards.

PS: It seems you're Italian, i am too, maybe we can play on Vassal sometime if you want :)

BTW Have a nice day! Bye!!