Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock n Load Tactical

Patience, Grasshopper.

Shipping by sea is a slow method, but it's relatively inexpensive. The cost of air freight would be prohibitive. Unlike air transport, shipping by sea does not have a rigid schedule. Plus there are other factors to consider. A ship steams at its optimum fuel economy speed. A ship may need to change its course due to weather conditions and it may not go directly to the port of LA; there may be other ports of call along the way.

Let's look at the upside. Having the games printed overseas (I assume China) keeps the price down. I don't know much about the printing industry but I'm willing to bet that if the printing was done here, the cost would be near 50% more. Now personally, I would be quite willing to pay more to keep the work in the USA. However, I don't buy very many games and I can afford to pay more, but not everyone can. I'm just upgrading my LnLT collection: BoH, HoN and later in the year I plan to add DoH and HoNA.

I'm figuring on the games arriving at my door early or mid-July.

You know that it's worth the wait.

David Gray

Given that at one point the games were at the printer in August 2016 with a possible September 2016 delivery I don't think it is entirely a matter of a boat moving slowly.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Given that at one point the games were at the printer in August 2016 with a possible September 2016 delivery I don't think it is entirely a matter of a boat moving slowly.

That only a small part of the order and I refused to take anything I felt was not perfect. I have trained this printer has much as he trained me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Honestly, No

The biggest gripes from customers were needing to buy expansions to play expansions, the games never being in stock and no consistent design/style. The redesign of the Nations At War series and Lock 'n Load Tactical series was just a massive project. The printer and I needed to make sure both parties were fully understanding each other and I wanted the final proof perfect as perfect as possible or I would not approve them. This takes a lot of time with so many games and parts. To be clear I take the blame for all the delays and I do my best to give you real updates. I also hate doing this because so much is not always in my control.

The real win will be once the games are here they are ALL here and everyone will be able to judge on their own. Waiting sucks and I am not good at it either but these games will prove the time and effort these games had put into them and how this series has been treated and presented.

David

David,

No worries, mate. She'll come right and everyone will be happy. Well, maybe not everyone. After all you're dealing with wargamers here and some will complain about anything and everything. Probably the reason why I look for games that I can play solitaire. For certain it was the reason that I left the hobby a couple of times... too many "Sheldon Coopers" hiding in the tall grass.

Way back in the 70's, I covered three of the early Origins conventions as a photojournalist for Fire & Movement magazine. I turned into the one-man traveling complaint department for F&M and I was dumb enough to try and appease the complainers. Nowadays, I'm more likely to tell a person, "Suck it up, cupcake!"

David Gray

David,

No worries, mate. She'll come right and everyone will be happy. Well, maybe not everyone. After all you're dealing with wargamers here and some will complain about anything and everything. Probably the reason why I look for games that I can play solitaire. For certain it was the reason that I left the hobby a couple of times... too many "Sheldon Coopers" hiding in the tall grass.

Way back in the 70's, I covered three of the early Origins conventions as a photojournalist for Fire & Movement magazine. I turned into the one-man traveling complaint department for F&M and I was dumb enough to try and appease the complainers. Nowadays, I'm more likely to tell a person, "Suck it up, cupcake!"

I'm sure this was written with the intention of being helpful to LnL. It really wasn't, particularly in the context in which it was written.

My response was directed to David Heath, NOT to David Gray. Having read this and your other posts, I can only conclude that you must be the forum misanthrope. I respect your right to comment even though I don't agree. However, if you were trying to draw me into an argument or seeking an apology, this fish just ain't gonna bite. I've been bitch-slapped in print by the best of them and you appear to me as just another Sheldon in the tall grass

My post is what it is. Suck it up, cupcake!

Al

David Gray

My response was directed to David Heath, NOT to David Gray. Having read this and your other posts, I can only conclude that you must be the forum misanthrope. I respect your right to comment even though I don't agree. However, if you were trying to draw me into an argument or seeking an apology, this fish just ain't gonna bite. I've been bitch-slapped in print by the best of them and you appear to me as just another Sheldon in the tall grass

My post is what it is. Suck it up, cupcake!

Al

Of course your post is what it was. As I pointed out and you were insufficiently perceptive to understand, posts criticizing people who are frustrated, having been told nearly a year ago, that the games were at the printers and would be arriving, is not going to help LnL. Perhaps it boosts your ego. If so perhaps it can enable you to avoid being characterized as a misanthrope by someone who knows nothing about you. By all means indulge yourself, if you don't care about the consequences of your actions.

I can live with being a cupcake, can you live with being a cream puff?

PS I guess "Sheldon Cooper" is some television sitcom character. Who knew?

Alfy

Indeed, Alfred's post isn't helpful: a rant against "complainers" that should just "suck it up" is very inappropriate considering the context...

JLPreiser

Given David Heath 's initial response was June 6th, I'd imagine the boat is getting close to port.
Maybe?
Anyway, I'm digging the new titles I've seen on your store page. Saving my $$ for Heroes of the Pacific though. :)