Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Firing ordnance to stone buildings

warrafael

Hi all,

I'm a fan of LnL Tactical series. For me, it has the right level of detail and I'm trying to evangelize as much as I can in our local club. I would like to comment a situation that occured to me in a couple of scenarios.

Every time that I have tried to fire ordnance to stone buildings - typically a tank shelling a Heavy MG squad on an upper floor - I have come to the point that even with the -2 adquisition marker I was not able to hit the target.

That kept me thinking that perhaps this is not just a case of bad luck and the generic procedurie for firing ordnance does not fit very well to stone buildings with its high +4 TM. My point is that you are not exactly firing to the squad to but to the building itself where it is approximately located. It should be far easier to hit and the HE shells on the building should have an impact on its "pesky inhabitants".

Please, note that I do not claim that the LnL rules should be modified. Rather, I'll try to house rule it to my taste, but first I'd like to hear other players' opinions.

warrafael

Actually, I was thinking of giving a -1 size modifier for 1-hex stone & wood buildings and a -2 size modifier for larger buildings (> 1 hex) in the same spirit as the size modifier for vehicles. I'll post the results in the House Rules section when I test it.

aznabal

Does exist a rule for rubble a building with an ordnance shoot or to start fire with flamethrower?