Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Agema

That's not entirely true , " Paradox Games " have done financially well with titles such as " Hearts of Iron " despite the fact that it has a sh*%! AI and they keep releasing pricey DLC's rather than addressing important game mechanic issues . With funding CO2 could produce an aesthetically appealing , " all singing all dancing " colourfull , polished , product that would appeal to a wider audience .
All Dave needs to do is borrow £1,000,000 then hire a full time time team of ~ 13 programmers and .................. we can advance on Moscow and save the world from bolshevism .

I certainly expect kids who never started wargaming via board games with lots of numbered counters struggle to grasp computer wargames that continue the visual practice. And no matter how much some might like to think graphics don't matter if the gameplay is good enough... to a significant chunk of players, they do. No shiny 3-D effects, no deal. We are a dying breed.

Unless, perhaps, you can make sort of cute, retro, 8-bit style. That seems to work at the moment.

But then we do also live in a world where most top "strategy" games are largely dependent on furiously mashing the mouse button umpteen times a second with precise pixel pointer accuracy.

Incidentally, was Hearts of Iron the game where the AI does bizarre things like Albania trying to launch seaborne invasions of Spain?

john connor

But even in HOI3 you were able to 'enjoy' a game - for example - by getting Finland to buy landing craft from GB, build up tank strengths and invade Ireland, followed by Denmark,,etc etc, working towards Finnish world domination. Not a game worth playing if the AI allows you to do such things. imho...

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 25 July 2017

Hi all,

I realise it's been a long time between drinks here but I am pleased to inform that we've just uploaded a new dev build 5.1.29 for our beta testers to review and test. This is a minor update and addresses a number of minor game issues and includes updates to the module for FOTG, HTTR, KOAD and Westwall. Once the beta testing is finished we'll forward it to LNL and Steam for them to work up their installers. These will then need to be tested and finally we can release it to you. So please be patient. This may take a few weeks depending on what issues, if any, are found.

Game Changes/Fixes
  • Fixed keyboard accelerators and missing shift + hot keys
  • Fixed the CheckRegistration code so that it works with Dev builds now
  • Ensured all references to search header in CheckRegistration use "Modules" instead of "Module. This ensures registration works in dev build.
  • Fixed Bitness issue that caused black screen. It now defaults to 32bpp but retains 16bpp support
  • Fixed map cache issue with larger displays
  • Various Steam support fixes
  • Geo Implementation for importing GIS elevation data. Still a work in progress
  • Ensured StockFileName cleared if changing file type to something other than 'Derived' in Debug ScenMaker.
  • Updated Game Manual reference to version 1.1 in NSIS CO2 Dev Installer
  • Removed the doubling modifier for the onMapBoss that was being applied to the orders delay calculation. This ensures there is a real penalty for issuing orders directly to a plethora of units.
  • Fixed the bug in the resupply code that prevented bases from sending out resupply runs due to a lack of handling capacity. This was caused by a double dipping of available personnel.
  • Ignore recent resup losses during the regular resupply determination event. Recent resup losses only apply to emergency requests.
  • Ensured Task StartAt time updated correctly in UI
Module Installer Updates
  • Westwall:
    • Modified PlanMartin scenario
    • Changed scenario file name in Westwall Installer from Geilenkirchen to The Costly Clipper
    • Renamed module references in code and installers from WestWall to Westwall so it is now consistent with Store name.
  • KOAD
    • modified scenario names and SAM names for consistency
  • FOTG
    • minor mods to Tactical Exercise - Brigade Day Attack and Tactical Exercise - Brigade Night Attack scenarios
  • HTTR
    • minor mods to Arnhem-Second Wave scenario
  • Minor mods to BFTB, COTA and Westwall Estabs
  • SAMs now for KOAD, HTTR, ROTV, Bastogne and Westwall modules. SAMS for FOTG and Cauldron are still in the works.

Last edited:

panzerpit

Great news... and good to have them directly form you, Dave. Btw... can you tell us what is an approximate release date of the new Patton module?

kipanderson

Dave,

yup.. great to hear there is life in the project. thanks.

Can I take my chance to ask how things stand with jumping to the Eastern Front? I know the plan was to produce a module, or new game with all the tweaks and changes to the core engine, focused on the Chir river/attempt to rescue 6th Army.

COps is an engine designed in heaven for the Eastern Front.. ; ).

All the best,
Kip.

HariSeldon

Dave,

yup.. great to hear there is life in the project. thanks.

Can I take my chance to ask how things stand with jumping to the Eastern Front? I know the plan was to produce a module, or new game with all the tweaks and changes to the core engine, focused on the Chir river/attempt to rescue 6th Army.

COps is an engine designed in heaven for the Eastern Front.. ; ).

All the best,
Kip.

+1
That is my number one question for the series also. I have purchased all Command Ops products on the day of release. Any Russian-German content would also be an automatic purchase.

Raied

Thanks a lot, and special thanks for fixing this:
  • Removed the doubling modifier for the onMapBoss that was being applied to the orders delay calculation. This ensures there is a real penalty for issuing orders directly to a plethora of units.
Really cant wait for the release of this patch.

simovitch

Great news... and good to have them directly form you, Dave. Btw... can you tell us what is an approximate release date of the new Patton module?
Late Fall at the earliest. The scenarios feature Huertgen Forest, Mosell bridgehead/encirclement of Nancy, and Nordwind. Spending a lot of time fixing up the Huertgen maps and developing the huge Nancy master map. "Patton's Charge" is really a working title for this release, the scenario nexus focuses on the consequences of poor planning on the part of Bradley's 12th Army Group, and the resulting rather difficult confrontations in the Alsace and along the frontiers of Germany.

Rosseau

As a Command OPs supporter since Matrix, I figure I'm in about $250. So glad to see a (promised) patch after 1.5 years. By far, my worst experience in 25 years of wargaming. Not that I don't like the game itself, mind you!

In fact, I highly encourage anyone reading this rant to buy the current game and modules immediately. And it won't cost you $250.

What I don't understand is putting Tank on Tank on Steam. It's none of my business, I know. But it amazes me that the gentleman who came here from Matrix would approve of such a move. After three months, the game looks dead based on stats - but please correct me if you've sold thousands of copies on Steam. I want you to sell thousands of copies, believe me. But with all due respect, I just can't believe what an obviously bone-headed move that was. And the game is not worth the price you are asking, with Heroes of Normandy and others being infinitely superior and on sale a few times to boot.

I assume you were testing the waters with a game that was easy to convert to digital. Please convert your entire high-end line, I will buy them all! You see, I never learn ;)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 23 Aug 2017

Hi all,

We've been busy here working through a number of issues identified since the last build went out. We've fixed the resupply issue, tweaked the vis modifiers, ensured the moon phase is accurately determined, converted all the maps to accommodate these tweaks and a whole lot more besides. I'll post a full change log later. I plan to release a new debug build to our beta testers later this week. Assuming that all goes fine, we will most likely hand over to LNL in the first week of September for them to work up the LNL installer. We'll work in tandem to also work up the Steam installers. So if all goes well, we should have a new patch build out to you by mid September.

rocketman

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. Will it affect current games/saves?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. Will it affect current games/saves?
Yes it will. But you will be allowed to load a save from the previous version. After that the game will probably play out differently to what it would have with the previous build. The changes to the maps are to the vis modifiers. These affect what can be seen at night times and hence impact on firepower influence and that impacts on path finding, reactions etc etc.

SG1

Hi Dave,
I see moon phase is mentioned in your message above. Does this means that LoS rules for night time differ based on whether there is a full moon, half moon or no moon ?
Kind regards,
S

SG1

Ah... Never mind, I got the answer in another post.
Well, I am impressed.
Thanks for all this.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP Friday 8 Sep 2017 2320 AEST

Hi all. Today I put out a new Dev build for our beta testers. This is the second Dev build in this latest round. I'm hopeful it will suffice and we get the thumbs up from the testers. Then we can put out a release build for you all.

Change List for CO2 Dev Build 5.1.30
  • Fixed breaking change introduced in Rev.1476 (typo in ScenMaker manual filename)
  • Renamed WestWall to Westwall folder
  • Renamed WestWall to Westwall in the code
  • Added fix to FGForceViewDialog that relays keyboard (cursor arrows) events to Win32ScenarioView that currently implements unit selections. This fixes the bug reported by Jim Caravallah on LnL forums about ForceView not handling arrow key events immediately after activation.
  • Reduce the night vis modifiers to reflect the findings of historical analysis by US, Canadian and Japanese military science studies conducted around WW2. It's going to be a lot harder to detect enemy at night.
  • convert all maps with new night vis modifiers.
  • update all module installers to include new maps
  • change estab of Brucken Pioniere companies of KG Reich in the Counterstroke in the Swamp scenario (Westwall module)
  • ensure bridge count field in ScenMaker Unit Data\Strength view is updated correctly after estab change. It is now cleared if the new estab does not have an engineer value.
  • ensure changes made to the bombard duration in the Task Edit view are saved correctly
  • added current moon phase text to context popup over current weather image on Control panel
  • Converted all maps to use revised Visibility modifiers
  • Changed estab for German Buchan Pioniere units in Westwall Clearing the West Bank and Counterstroke in the Swamp scenarios
  • Updated Westwall Hamich Ridge scenario
  • Added Pavlo to credits list
  • Updated all installers
  • Updated CO2 Game Manual to version 1.2 - changed Annex A Keyboard Shortcuts to reflect change in use of "z" key. Now Rest orders use the "/" key and "Z" + mouse buttons zoom the map in or out.
  • Updated CO2 Keyboard Reference to version 1.2 to reflect change in use of "z" key - see above.
Change List for CO2 Dev Build 5.1.29
  • Fixed keyboard accelerators and missing shift + hot keys
  • Fixes to the CheckRegistration code so that it works with Dev builds now
  • Ensured all references to search header in CheckRegistration use "Modules" instead of "Module. This ensures registration words in dev build.
  • Fixed Bitness issue that caused black screen. It now defaults to 32bpp but retains 16bpp support
  • Fixed map cache issue with larger displays
  • Various Steam support fixes
  • Geo Implementation for importing GIS elevation data. Still a work in progress
  • Ensured StockFileName cleared if changing file type to something other than 'Derived' in Debug ScenMaker.
  • Updated Game Manual reference to version 1.1 in NSIS CO2 Dev Installer
  • Fixed the bug in the resupply code that prevented bases from sending out resupply runs due to a lack of handling capacity. This was caused by a double dipping of available personnel.
  • Ignore recent resup losses during the regular resupply determination event. Recent resup losses only apply to emergency requests.
  • Ensured Task StartAt time updated correctly in UI
Module Installer Updates
  • Westwall:
    • Modified PlanMartin scenario
    • Changed scenario file name in Westwall Installer from Geilenkirchen to The Costly Clipper
    • Renamed module references in code and installers from WestWall to Westwall so it is now consistent with Store name.
  • KOAD
    • modified scenario names and SAM names for consistency
  • FOTG
    • minor mods to Tactical Exercise - Brigade Day Attack and Tactical Exercise - Brigade Night Attack scenarios
  • HTTR
    • minor mods to Arnhem-Second Wave scenario
  • Minor mods to BFTB, COTA and Westwall Estabs
  • SAMs now for KOAD, HTTR, ROTV, Bastogne and Westwall modules. SAMS for FOTG and Cauldron are still in the works.