Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Something interesting on -forgotten Heroes first print edition ( 2003 )

Rydo

I just got for a very fair price a new unpunched copy of the first Ln'L game.

Inside there was Anzack expansion too :)

I looked trought the rulebook to find what was Ln'L at the beginning.

Things i noticed :

- The art team ( three guys ) where involved. I don't seem to recall their names in other modules ( may be wrong ).

- The rule about the possibility to divide a MMC in not present ( maybe there is one somewhere but not easy to find ).

- Optional rule for the leaders : "if a leader at the beginning of a scenario don't have a skill card assigned but have a positive leadership value can choose a random one.

- On the back of the box there is a text that states names for the following modules ( some never released ) like Desert storm, Operation Anaconda and a sci-fi one?

Hope you found the thread interesting. :)

Doug Alber

I'd love to see a LnL Desert Storm game, though I suspect it would need to have some hypotheticals worked into it since the actual conflict wasn't what one would call sporting. There are some good scenario possibilities/source material regardless: the Battle of 73 Easting (could be very awesome), a variant on Bravo Two Zulu or SCUD hunting. Maybe even introduce some Iran-Iraq War variances or the Battle of Fallujah

I think Operation Anaconda could be reproduced using the Bear and the Jackal and maybe Day of Heroes? I'm not sure how much scenario material could be pulled from Afghanistan to make a decent game, but I could see some scenarios using SF units (SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, Delta) in "lopsided" scenarios with a couple of teams vs a whole lot of insurgents.

Thoughts?

Doug

Rydo

I'd love to see a LnL Desert Storm game, though I suspect it would need to have some hypotheticals worked into it since the actual conflict wasn't what one would call sporting. There are some good scenario possibilities/source material regardless: the Battle of 73 Easting (could be very awesome), a variant on Bravo Two Zulu or SCUD hunting. Maybe even introduce some Iran-Iraq War variances or the Battle of Fallujah

I think Operation Anaconda could be reproduced using the Bear and the Jackal and maybe Day of Heroes? I'm not sure how much scenario material could be pulled from Afghanistan to make a decent game, but I could see some scenarios using SF units (SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, Delta) in "lopsided" scenarios with a couple of teams vs a whole lot of insurgents.

Thoughts?

Doug
Desert storm is too much vehicles heavy and will probably not represent Ln'L "heart" :) but there are good scenarios : The opening moves with the city fight of Khafji taken from Saddam forces by the USMC, then some desert operations with M1A1 and M2 supported by helicopters.

The french and british forces fight in the cities and deserts. More US action in the deserts and in the main capital.

Even some cool scenarios where the coalition uses only attack helicopters against prepared Saddam conscripts/Repubblican guard units.

And various city fights.

There is a lots of material with and without vehicles :)

============================

About afghanistan is even better, that "was" a war with lots of infantry special forces encounters.

M16a4 vs ak47, m249, m21, m24, m4a1, pkm, svd, sv98, ak74u, toz-194, rpg, smaw just to say the tools and their values.

Mortar strikes, UAV rules, Rocket attacks, strafing runs, cruise missiles.

I can think of scenarios in the Helmand valleys with the 75th Rangers, assaults on shahikhot mountains, fights for the mazar-i-sharif airport, raids and clearing operations in Kabul, skirmishes in Garmzir.

Just to name a few.

US Rangers, Delta Operators, seals, chinooks, humvees, taliban insurjents, al qaeda "elite" forces.

Lots of stuff if someone care to dig enought and make something out of it!

I'm so interested in modern warfare that if i'll receive a go i'll start working tomorrow on it ( Afghanistan one ). I bought books, miniatures, documentaries. Just can't wait!

=============================

What do you think? Something might be doable?

Regards :)

Last edited: