Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

MY WISH LIST FOR FUTURE LNL GAMES

Jeff Lewis

Great stuff Jeff. What is your definition of Expansion? Something like the ziplock Noville: Bastogne's Outpost?
Because you wrote: "...With expansion for Operation Husky..."
Sicily can be a full boxed game, in my opinion. Tons of stuff there, varied types of US Army and British units and missions, Germans and Italians. And the Canadians have a large presence too which is very cool. Not to mention several more boxes and expansions for the Italian campaign.

Another question: Which LnLT module has a complete standard 1942 or 1944 US Army Rifle Company?
I'm guessing HoNA has the 1942 Rifle Company?
Yes, Noville is an Expansion, and any other game that needs a complete base game in order to play it. But only one complete base game and no other expansion. We don't want to create a tree of expansions where you can't play one without a bunch of other stuff.

Yeah, Husky could probably be a complete game.

Ideally, going forward we'd like expansions to be just scenarios and maps, no counters. So a little different from Noville and Dark July '43.

HoNA has your green 1942 US Rifle Squad, at 1-6-4-4/5, with the 4 Morale but a 5 on the Shaken side, so they have a better chance of rallying.
The Glider Infantry in HoN and the Infantry in Noville are your 1944 US Rifle Squad, at 1-6-4-5/5, though there are some 1-6-4-4 Squads in Noville to represent less experienced troops.

Jeff Lewis

Well we have Heroes of Grenada (complete game) in development (lots of fun stuff in this one!). And Hell Frozen Over (Attu Island expansion for HotP)

Heroes of Fallujah is in concept.

I have the sketches for a Falklands battle pack or expansion (scenarios and a couple maps)

What I'd like to do: (These are what are on my mind, and it seems many of you are thinking similarly).

Another complete game of North Africa that focuses on the Americans and Germans (with some Brit/Commonwealth and Italians) in Tunisia. With expansion for Operation Husky.

Someone mentioned Poland . . . I'd definitely like to add Poland and also Norway and Denmark to the Heroes in Defiance tree.

Another Pacific expansion, perhaps on Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima. A complete game featuring the Aussies and Brits, perhaps.

A Korean War complete game.

More Nam expansions. The Hue large map idea is intriguing.

Perhaps a Spanish Civil War complete game.

A Panama complete game (Operation Just Cause)

Modern Afghanistan.

Perhaps a game devoted to Special Forces missions.

Keep the ideas coming

Oh, I'd add the Winter War to this list too.

Jeff Lewis

Charlie Heckman and I were throwing around basic ideas for a Hue City map - campaign - module... maybe we should start a thread specifically for that?
Cool. Well, I think it sounds great. Contact Dave to discuss further. I can help with details and such. Just let me know.

Rydo

Are you guys interested in more WW3 stuff, continuing the Heroes Against the Red Star conflict?
The first thing that need to be added are British troops and armor. It is a must for any serious ww3 game and also Germans both west and east.

If HATRS is still tied with the waw new series then you should start from there and translate all the upcoming modules in ln'l tactical ones :)

A campaign with individual scenarios its way better as not everyone are able to fully play campaigns. Do something like ADOH were thete were scenarios and campaign.

WW2 to me need to add the Italian campaign from sicily to the alps.

Finns and soviets.

Poland campaign as an expansion for HID or HOTM since there you already have both germans and russians.

MODERN STUFF. AFGHANISTAN, IRAQ, GULF.

Expansions for hypotetical stuff.

And in the end Waterloo or Borodino.

Regards.

Once upon a time there were a few seeds planted about a science fiction module for LnLT. Was that a casualty of regime change, or is that still a possibility?

Rydo

Once upon a time there were a few seeds planted about a science fiction module for LnLT. Was that a casualty of regime change, or is that still a possibility?
The seeds were planted on the back of the box of the first ever produced Lock'n load game forgotten heroes.

Since 2003...i doubt we'll ever see them grows.

There was also Heroes of the fait but died too.

I think the old owner of Ln'l Mark H. Walker was intrigued with sci-fi stuff as we can tell from his books and night of man.

Honestly if Ln'l have to go to the future better do Star Wars or not try that at all.

Mark Drake

Would love to expansions for HotRS....Germans, British,and Canadians and possibly an expansion with the other nations forces.

Renzo Bulli

Well we have Heroes of Grenada (complete game) in development (lots of fun stuff in this one!). And Hell Frozen Over (Attu Island expansion for HotP)

Heroes of Fallujah is in concept.

I have the sketches for a Falklands battle pack or expansion (scenarios and a couple maps)

What I'd like to do: (These are what are on my mind, and it seems many of you are thinking similarly).

Another complete game of North Africa that focuses on the Americans and Germans (with some Brit/Commonwealth and Italians) in Tunisia. With expansion for Operation Husky.

Someone mentioned Poland . . . I'd definitely like to add Poland and also Norway and Denmark to the Heroes in Defiance tree.

Another Pacific expansion, perhaps on Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima. A complete game featuring the Aussies and Brits, perhaps.

A Korean War complete game.

More Nam expansions. The Hue large map idea is intriguing.

Perhaps a Spanish Civil War complete game.

A Panama complete game (Operation Just Cause)

Modern Afghanistan.

Perhaps a game devoted to Special Forces missions.

Keep the ideas coming

Would love: Tunisia, Poland 1939 (including Poles vs. Soviets), Norway (lots of interesting stuff here: Gerbirgsjaeger, Norwegians, French Foreign Legion...), Brits and Aussies vs. Japs, Korean War, Spanish Civil War, Special Forces

Not so much: Panama (how much actual fighting there?), Danes (really? I mean no disrespect but apart from the cool helmets what would the point be? From what I recall the resistance to the German invasion lasted a few hours and the Danes had a total of 16 dead...)

More ideas: Italians in the ETO (vs. French in W Alps, Greeks in Albania, Yugoslavs and especially Soviets), Finns (also fought both Germans and Russians... perhaps as part of an Eastern Front expansions with Axis minors?), French in Indochina, more Soviets in Aghanistan, more North Africa stuff with Aussies, Indians, etc., some WW2 Gurkha scenarios would also be great

Tony Costa

OK, great ideas.
Now, start forming teams and start the research necessary to get some of these ideas into a playtest ready state.

We have some work ongoing for Vietnam Hue City 1968 now.
We'll start a new dedicated thread in a few weeks after we get a basic mock-up of the map, possible OOB and scenarios. But first we'll send it to Jeff and David to see if they think it's possible.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Are you guys interested in more WW3 stuff, continuing the Heroes Against the Red Star conflict?
Jeff: touch base with David and me when you want to expand on this. The narrative of the campaign is very advanced for WaW85, happy to integrate if you feel its appropriate.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Jeff Lewis

Would love: Tunisia, Poland 1939 (including Poles vs. Soviets), Norway (lots of interesting stuff here: Gerbirgsjaeger, Norwegians, French Foreign Legion...), Brits and Aussies vs. Japs, Korean War, Spanish Civil War, Special Forces

Not so much: Panama (how much actual fighting there?), Danes (really? I mean no disrespect but apart from the cool helmets what would the point be? From what I recall the resistance to the German invasion lasted a few hours and the Danes had a total of 16 dead...)

More ideas: Italians in the ETO (vs. French in W Alps, Greeks in Albania, Yugoslavs and especially Soviets), Finns (also fought both Germans and Russians... perhaps as part of an Eastern Front expansions with Axis minors?), French in Indochina, more Soviets in Aghanistan, more North Africa stuff with Aussies, Indians, etc., some WW2 Gurkha scenarios would also be great

Panama had quite a bit of fighting, and lots of special forces, Rangers, Marines, etc. It was a 5 week conflict.

Danes . . . Reason: To be inclusive of the entirety of Operation Weserubung (Norway would be the focus, of course). Yes, it was a short war for the Danes (one day), but there was fighting, and fighting at the perfect LnLT scale. Ideal scenarios would rely on the Germans swiftly achieving their Victory Conditions.

Jeff Lewis

So, seems like we have lots ideas. Now, if only there were more than 24 hours in a day.

Rydo

So, seems like we have lots ideas. Now, if only there were more than 24 hours in a day.
There is a way to submit something to you and David so we can make more things?

I mean, if someone worked on something, could it be sent to you and then finished? Without having you to do all the research necessary to the subject? How things work?

Would you accept Ln'l games that would not be 100% marketables but be present in a PnP format?

I mean, you accept skeleton games that just need the artwork to be made and scenarios to be properly tested? Or you do things in home only?

I've read Bay of pigs and something can be made out of it. I have photos, the whole OOB of both the brigade ad castro forces and the whole chain of events. All weapons and vehicles used. It would be a nice mini module. Perfect for PnP.

Some artworks could be reused from Grenada as there were cuban forces there too.

Let me know, bye!

ThomM

All good ideas. There's tons we can do with Nam. I think a Hue city map would be awesome. Perhaps even a campaign. What do you guys think? How do you feel about Campaigns? Or Campaigns that can also be played as individual scenarios?

Take my money. NOW.

Jeff Lewis

Jeff: touch base with David and me when you want to expand on this. The narrative of the campaign is very advanced for WaW85, happy to integrate if you feel its appropriate.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Yes, Keith, any further development of the LnLT system in the Cold War turned Hot will definitely follow your lead on the storyline in WaW'85.

Jeff Lewis

There is a way to submit something to you and David so we can make more things?

I mean, if someone worked on something, could it be sent to you and then finished? Without having you to do all the research necessary to the subject? How things work?

Would you accept Ln'l games that would not be 100% marketables but be present in a PnP format?

I mean, you accept skeleton games that just need the artwork to be made and scenarios to be properly tested? Or you do things in home only?

I've read Bay of pigs and something can be made out of it. I have photos, the whole OOB of both the brigade ad castro forces and the whole chain of events. All weapons and vehicles used. It would be a nice mini module. Perfect for PnP.

Some artworks could be reused from Grenada as there were cuban forces there too.

Let me know, bye!
Dave and I have discussed coming up with more specific submission guidelines. More on that soon.

Renzo Bulli

Panama had quite a bit of fighting, and lots of special forces, Rangers, Marines, etc. It was a 5 week conflict.

Danes . . . Reason: To be inclusive of the entirety of Operation Weserubung (Norway would be the focus, of course). Yes, it was a short war for the Danes (one day), but there was fighting, and fighting at the perfect LnLT scale. Ideal scenarios would rely on the Germans swiftly achieving their Victory Conditions.

Thanks, Jeff, it is true that one never stops learning. I have done some reading on Operation Just Cause and discovered a lot that I did not know (plus some things I had forgotten). I am not sure I will buy the game, but I'll definitely look at it with interest.

I will certainly get the Weserubung module, Danes or no Danes, and I am sure the scenarios you mentioned will be tough and entertaining. My only objection concerns the presence in a LnLT game of an army that fought, however strenuously, for one day, while other armies that took part in longer campaigns on either (or both) sides, often facing multiple foes, are still totally or partially neglected. I am referring, of course, to the Polish, Belgian, Greek, Italian, Finnish, Romanian and Hungarian armies, among others.

My preference would go to a module on the Greek campaign, featuring the initial Italian attack (and catastrophe), the German intervention and the air assault on Crete. It could have Commonwealth as well as Greek units, Fallschirmjaeger, mountain troops, etc. Lots of different units and situations.

Second best would be a module on Finland, third a Polish Campaign one. I'd also welcome a scenario pack for Heroes in Defiance featuring standard Belgian army units or an expansion for Heroes of the Motherland with different Axis troops.

Another crazy idea I've had: a one-off scenario on the Battle of Mirbat during the Oman insurgency of the 1970s, with SAS, air support and the famous 25-pounder gun. I wonder whether it would make any sense at LnLT level...