Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnL Tactical selling because of the solo module

Enrico

Just a question: do you think that the release of the Solo expansion improved the selling of the other LnL Tactical modules?
I mean, I started to be interested in LnL Tactical only after the release of the solo exp.

Broadsword56

Same here -- it's the solo expansion that nudged me over the edge to buy into the system (bought HotM new). Now I want HoN, but it's still a steep price tag for me at the moment. Keeping my eye out for used copies, but the new version is so new that it hasn't really shown up yet on the secondary market. I'm going to wait awhile.

Ron Belcher

Price of games are of definite major concern for me, as well. Thankful for the holiday seasons.
For LnLP will be having their holiday sale soon and prices will be in my range bracket. HoD is in
my scope, as is Wing and a Prayer.

Kallen

I've been playing LnL Tactical titles solo for years. I have to say the Solo expansion is worth it. I'm typically a conservative player so both sides would play conservatively. With the solo expansion I find the AEO to be pretty dynamic and fun to play against. I used to agonize over every implulse but that is now cut in half making scenarios take less time to play.

TerryB

I've been playing LnL for a while now, usually by Vassal as I don't have local opponents (although my evangelizing seems to be working ;))

I liked the Conflict of Heroes Solo system and when I heard that LnL was going down the same path I got very interested. Also as the LnL is compatible with virtually all the games that drew me in even more. Like Kallen I find the solo system provides a reliable and challenging opponent. And one that I'm finding quite useful when analyzing tactics.

Yeah there are some small niggles, but nothing that can't be overcome. Arguing with myself about an interpretation seems pretty futile :facepalm:. But this is my hobby and the solo system is definately proving to be a worthwhile iand enjoyable investment

Will LnL sell more because of the solo system? I'm sure it will and having all the titles back in print is very tempting too

Tom Manning

Just wish the flow charts could have,somehow, been reduced in size...I know players can get used to the scenario requirements pretty quickly and this greatly reduces referencing...However,until that happens,I find them both clumsy and cumbersome..not nearly as user friendly as ATB solo cards..

Kallen

Tom I believe a PDF of the flow charts will be here any day. I couldn't wait and have scanned them all and printed on A4 for my needs.

Tom Manning

Thanks Amigo....will we receive any sort of notification of this when available...Great for us clumsy dudes with limited sized gaming tables.Apprecite the heads up.A-4?

Tom Manning

I would strongly urge you to give her a heaping bowel Of Jewish Penicillin...that is to say,chicken soup...! Hoping she heals quickly and thanks for the update..
Tom

Ron Belcher

Your Wife is in our prayers, David! May she recover quickly. My household has been hit hard as well.
I'm running a slight temp myself and was confined to quarters by the Master-at-Arms (Wife), all day.
At least it is before Christmas, this year and not on that special day! I agree with the VertRep on
Jewish Penicillin too (that's on the Plan of the Day (POD)). ;) No General Quarters training today!
Condition Yoke set throughout the ship, Air Warning Yellow, Weapons Tight. ...that is all. Carry on!