Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Decorations and distinctions for units

Bie

Bear with me here, this isn't really a question about Command Ops 2 but here it goes:

Can units (Coy, Bn, Brig,...) get decorations or distinctions for their actions during operations? I'm guessing yes, but I'm not really sure. In that case what would common distinctions be for German units?

I'm not advocating to put this into the game. I'm just compiling my afterthoughts on my AAR.

Bear with me here, this isn't really a question about Command Ops 2 but here it goes:

Can units (Coy, Bn, Brig,...) get decorations or distinctions for their actions during operations? I'm guessing yes, but I'm not really sure. In that case what would common distinctions be for German units?

I'm not advocating to put this into the game. I'm just compiling my afterthoughts on my AAR.
This may help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_decorations_of_Nazi_Germany

Iconoclast

There is no, to my knowledge, German tradition of awarding units. At least nothing you can compare to the Presidential Unit Citation or similar.

What comes close to that, is to be mentioned in reports or daily orders. That is an honor that amounts to something like that. I.e. if a certain Unit is being mentioned in the Daily Order (Tagesbefehl) of the Corps or other formation.

Otherwise, there are Campaign Shields and Cuffbands (including a Crete Cuffband) that have been awarded in "bulk" and could amount to a unit award.

Cheers

Bie

Yeah, after a bit a searching I could only find those cuff titles.