Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Increase chance of Enemy Interceptor attacks

Tony Costa

I need some feedback on how to increase the chance of enemy Interceptors attacking the bomber formation. Below is a consolidation of some suggestions you guys already sent me, we just need to now put it all together.

I don't want to change the Formation Events Table. But I think what we can do is use +/- die roll modifiers to manipulate the chance of Interceptors attacks.

+ DRM for Major Target
+/- DRM for year
+/- DRM for map location

I need some feedback on how to increase the chance of enemy Interceptors attacking the bomber formation. Below is a consolidation of some suggestions you guys already sent me, we just need to now put it all together.

I don't want to change the Formation Events Table. But I think what we can do is use +/- die roll modifiers to manipulate the chance of Interceptors attacks.

+ DRM for Major Target
+/- DRM for year
+/- DRM for map location

Any of them are good. The simplest would be to up the Formation Events Table 6.1.1 a +1 for each level. Also, change the level that actually diminishes the ability percentage wise to get interceptors.

I always wondered if a good approach would be to split out the chance of meeting enemy fighters into a separate event check altogether. This check would be make after the current Formation Event check. The sequence would look basically the same with the chance of interception higher based on where the formation is, but overall a higher chance of seeing interceptors. I do think the chances of that could be a little higher than they are now, also adjusted for the year.

Clear as mud?

Trevor

Tony Costa

Mike, some portions of the feedback and ideas were used in the V2.2 rules, we did eventually update the Formations Events table.
I always encourage players to try out and share their ideas with the rest of the Wing and a Prayer community.

Mike Sundborg

Thanks Tony

I do have the update kit

One change I’m tinkering with is 4 missions per turn

Mike

Rich Jennings

A separate table for interceptors is an intriguing idea.
But, have you considered simply dropping the Event Occurs 2d6 roll to a 1d6 roll?
With a 2d6 roll, you might never trigger an event during a mission.as the odds of a 2d6 roll in the range of 2 to 6 with are very low.
A 1d6 roll would certainly increase the chance of some event occurring.

One thing the Formation Events missed: in the first box after leaving the 8th Air Force box -- a mid-air collision; not uncommon in the sky over England as the bombers jostled to assume flight assignments especially in foggy conditions.
The 1965 Edward Jablonski book Flying Fortress has a horrific photo of such an event on page 101.

Rich