Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Order Box Bug?

Tzar007

Not sure it's a bug, but it's weird. Look at the screenshot. I have just positioned a Defend order for 501st Hvy Pz Bn. What's weird about it is that the frontage/depth box isn't centered properly. It is skewed up, so the actual Defend order isn't in the center of the box but at the bottomn. If I move the Defend point, the box moves with it but doesn't center itself.

Is that normal?

upload_2017-12-21_19-58-15.png

Not sure it's a bug, but it's weird. Look at the screenshot. I have just positioned a Defend order for 501st Hvy Pz Bn. What's weird about it is that the frontage/depth box isn't centered properly. It is skewed up, so the actual Defend order isn't in the center of the box but at the bottomn. If I move the Defend point, the box moves with it but doesn't center itself.

Is that normal?

View attachment 6053
If you simply issue an order without defining the facing, the formation type, the frontage and depth of the formation, the artificial intelligence (AI) selects what it determines to be the optimum positioning based on unit abilities and the combat situation in your behalf.

For whatever reason, the AI has determined that the formation for the defend order should be facing north on a narrow front at a deep depth.

Page 71 of the Version 1.1 game manual describes how to change the facing, and shows the controls used to change the formation type, frontage and depth of the formation.

Tzar007

You're right. By changing depth and frontage, the Defend objective was brought back center box, over the road where I wanted. Weird, I've been playing for a long time and I haven't noticed that it could do this before.