Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A couple of questions

Rosseau

I have zero experience with the newest version (CO2). Created a small battle on one of the desert maps with good visibility. The AI on my end performed flawlessly, accounting for my marginal victory ;)

Enemy AI had a couple of secure-location objs. I noticed its Corps HQ (a foot unit) go right into the gap and thought it odd to endanger itself like that.

Also, can you switch a company to another BN in the newest version? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

I have zero experience with the newest version (CO2). Created a small battle on one of the desert maps with good visibility. The AI on my end performed flawlessly, accounting for my marginal victory ;)

Enemy AI had a couple of secure-location objs. I noticed its Corps HQ (a foot unit) go right into the gap and thought it odd to endanger itself like that.

Also, can you switch a company to another BN in the newest version? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Mike
There is another thread regarding odd behavior of command units in the game. I have noticed that opponent AI-controlled command units tend to move toward the front in defensive modes.

There are a couple of ways to switch a company between BNs, depending on whether you're interested in structuring the alignment permanently, or simply for a human-controlled operation.

For a permanent attachment, you can use SceneMaker to attach units from the start of their entry onto the map. It's done by aligning units under the unit tree under the "Units" tab on the left side of the screen. This form of attachment cannot be changed during gameplay except as noted next.

For an alignment while actively issuing orders while playing the scenario, you can either hold the <control> key while you <left click> on the units you want to attach before issuing orders either in the OOB display or on the map, or hold the <left click> mouse key and use the box that creates to select units and then issuing a single order to all the units selected. If all the units, or two or more command units selected are at the same echelon level, the order issued will be assigned to a "lead" unit selected by the AI based on unit command capabilities.

Page 78 thru 80 of the Version 1.1 Game Manual explains grouping and the criteria for attaching and unattaching units during gameplay.

Rosseau

Thanks, I should have checked the manual. Guess I better give my HQ some decent weaponry if they are so anxious to advance.

Typically, I have at least as much fun creating Estabs as playing the game. Other than Grigsby's WitX series, can't think of a game where you can mod from Army Group down to ammo!