Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Minor fixes and changes to the original core engine and scenarios.

JET

The latest build is shown as 5.1.28 in “Latest Build” folder.

The Supply 5.1.31+beta weather remarks entry nominates a 5.1.31+beta version of the game.

If 5.1.28 is not the current version of the game core engine can you advise what the current version is?

I am not referring to future major paid for updates to first core engine, I am referring to minor fixes and changes to the original core engine and scenarios.

I assume to get the current version of the game core engine or scenario pack you only need to re download the Command Ops 2: Core Engine and relevant scenario pack?

How can I tell the version of the current download Command Ops 2: Core Engine or each scenario pack?

It would be much easier if you could make all updates to the game engine and scenario packs abundantly clear when they are updated by indicating version and date in store page and updating in “Latest Build” folder and a new “Scenarios Latest Version” folder.

col.sanders

I got 5.1.31 by using the steam keys in steam.So i have one in steam and one version here which is 5.1.28

JET

Why are updates only available with steam.

if possible I do not use steam.

I hope all updates to the game engine and scenario packs are nominated by version and date in the store page and also in a “Latest Build” folder and a new “Scenarios Latest Version” folder.

If updates and fixes are available for the first game core engine and scenario packs can you please make purchasers of the game aware they are available and where to download them from.

The knowledge that updates and fixes are available would be welcome as the progress of game updates and fixes appears extremely slow.

The last 5.1.28 version was released April 2016.

Why are updates only available with steam.

if possible I do not use steam.

I hope all updates to the game engine and scenario packs are nominated by version and date in the store page and also in a “Latest Build” folder and a new “Scenarios Latest Version” folder.

If updates and fixes are available for the first game core engine and scenario packs can you please make purchasers of the game aware they are available and where to download them from.

The knowledge that updates and fixes are available would be welcome as the progress of game updates and fixes appears extremely slow.

The last 5.1.28 version was released April 2016.
The Steam update is a Beta Test version.

The question may be

"Why aren't LnL subscribers allowed to investigate the Beta as well?"

that should be asked of the LnL team.

Shadrach

Probably because Steam is a really easy way for developers to let users beta-test their games. And users can easily go back to the previous version without any fuss.

But hoping a public beta will come for the LnL version as well soon.

Rosseau

It's been well over 14 months since my exe was updated. Give me a link to the change log, as I might not even care.

But as a dev, I would rely on the much more experienced original supporters if I was throwing a beta out there. It doesn't make sense. Also, it's gotta be harder to get a beta up on Steam than to just get us one. So it can't be LnL laziness either. I stopped getting annoyed about the slow progress of this game after about a year of nothing. It did get on Steam though, and hope it's selling.

Now, will I be jumping out of my seat to buy the next module? Customers who are expected to buy a premium product need to be served and communicated with. Just send us something to shut us up ;)

HercMighty

Not having an update for those of us not on steam is getting to be ridiculous....there is nor reason why a beta in this day and age cannot be made available...getting to be about time to just abandon this game as the support on the customer end continues to lack the support we deserve...

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
We would have had a 5.1.31 build out to you shortly after the Steam release last year but the programmer at LNL who develops their installer had left. We were pretty frustrated by this too. So we decided to take over this responsibility. But we needed the installer tool used by the previous programmer and the necessary scripts. Getting access to these was held up by some serious personal matters affecting LNL. I only received the installer tool and scripts on Tuesday. But alas not all the LNL customisations have been supplied. Once we get these we will be able to provide you with an installer.

However, it will now also await the completion of other changes to the code we have pressed on with and that need to be finalised. So we'll be skipping the 5.1.31 build and going directly to the 5.1.32 build. If things go to plan with our testing we will first do a developer build and have them test the changes before we do a release build for you folks. We've made significant changes to artillery support and other stuff that really needs beta testing first.

Provided we get the installer stuff from LNL that we need, then we should be able to release the dev build next week and a full release build one or two weeks later. I'm sorry for the delay.

col.sanders

No worries Mate,I'm glad your still alive had me worried there.It's not that hard to get steam i'm not a big fan of steam but it's not that big of deal,just wish You would have said hey 5.1.31 beta is over at steam.Took me awhile to figure it out.

Muzzlehead

This is good news ... I also do not have the steam version and stuck on 5.1.28... now I know I can grab the steam version

Rosseau

Great news on 5.1.32, but shame on David Heath and LnL. This would never have happened at Matrix. Well, you chose a board game publisher and service to the developer has been atrocious.

"Provided we get the installer stuff from LnL that we need..."?? They publish and take a cut from your game sales, right? Again, there are one-man developers at Steam that knock out updates on a daily basis. LnL is clueless and does not deserve to even carry CO2.

Once things are in your hands, I'm sure the support will improve.

The fact that Command CO2 is on steam is what got me coming back. I love steam and it’s ability to keep multiple games updated and installed on as many computers as you own.

Rosseau

I'm embarrassed to say I have 500 games on Steam. So the serials for the Commander's Pack and all the modules can be used to activate said products on Steam? I will need two sets anyway, so the Steam auto-updates don't screw up any modding work.

Not the serials, but you can get what they call steam keys for your past CO modules you bought on the Lock n Load site and then the same modules can be purchased for free on steam. I did this with “Cauldron”
D

JET

I do not use steam.

As previously asked, will the availability of all updates to the game engine and scenario packs be made abundantly clear when they are updated by indicating versions in a “Latest Build” folder and a new “Scenarios Latest Version” folder?

Which would enable them to be downloaded from this web site.

fishbed

The game comes with a desktop icon that queries the server and downloads the latest build. I'm not sure how it could be made simpler unless you're specifically looking for the latest beta.