Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Ops Complete clarification

Rich Danda

Website
www.staticlinegaming.com
LnLT v4.1 rulebook states:
"Units that spot, attempt to lay smoke, or perform other actions described in the subsequent rules as rendering them Ops Complete are marked with an Ops Complete marker.

Except for the instances described below, units beneath Ops Complete markers cannot perform any actions, including Leaders using their Leadership Modifier (LM)."

So if a "unit" does any of those things listed above, they are ops complete until the end of the turn, to include on another impulse until the turn is over? But this does not include firing or a leader using is leadership modifier to a unit in the same hex that is firing (at an enemy previously spotted)?

New player and Ops Complete has me a little confused. Thanks for any clarification from the group.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Some actions (spotting, attempting to lay smoke, etc.) will immediatly mark a unit as being ops complete. Those units can thereafter only Opportunity fire in a later impulse, with reduced FP. The sole exception is the following:

If the ops complete marker was placed after a successfull spotting attempt, the spotting unit (and all the eligible units in its hex) can immediatly fire at full FP on the just spotted hex. If the spotting unit is a leader, he can use his LM to modify the attack of other units in his hex.

The Ops complete marker stay on until the end of the turn

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Not sure I'm getting your question right. Moving will never put an Ops Complete marker on your units and units marked with an Ops Complete cannot move

Rich Danda

Website
www.staticlinegaming.com
Not sure I'm getting your question right. Moving will never put an Ops Complete marker on your units and units marked with an Ops Complete cannot move
That's the answer I was looking for. I didn't phrase the question right. What I should have asked was "Does movement cause an Ops Complete?" You answered it. Appreciate that. The light bulb just went off for me. Thanks again!