Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Regimental level scenarios

john connor

A request for more of the smaller scenarios. I've been enjoying playing through a tiny one (Tanks at Platamon) but would actually prefer a size one level up - Regiment or Brigade, and there aren't many of them at all, I think. They don't have to be short - in fact, they're nice if they're quite long - but around that limited size.

Anyone else like playing scenarios around Regiment/Brigade size and would like more?

john connor

Maybe I will, Dave. Good idea. But I like historical scenarios, such as I haven't really time to research, but which I would happily buy from you!! :)

Jason Rimmer

I too really enjoy the low to medium unit count scenarios as I can really get immersed and take in the beauty of the engine, where as the large scenarios can end up looking like a mass chaos of counters.

Iconoclast

Just for the record: I throw my two cents in here too.

I will try and design a scenario when I have the time to do so. Never created a scenario before....

Regards,

A

Joe98

Tactical Wargames said:
I too really enjoy the low to medium unit count scenarios as I can really get immersed and take in the beauty of the engine, where as the large scenarios can end up looking like a mass chaos of counters.

I agree with that. I don't like the large scenarios due to the chaos.

My fav size is probably a scenario with 3 - 6 battalions. I am happy to give orders to the battalion HQ and give more orders to the artillery which is probably attached at brigade/division level.

Joe98

I can go a bit further and comment that I will begin a scenario by sorting out the OOB to suit myself. This sometimes uses up time and as a result I fail to take that first objective as quickly as I might have!

Joe98

Well, what if I could sort out the OOB to suit myself, before actually starting that scenario.

john connor

I guess he means attach things into battle groups of his own choosing, such as at present can be done in scenmaker. But without an ability to move things to your own choice of starting positions (such as can also be done easily enough in scenmaker) that would be of limited use, maybe?

Joe98

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor said:
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "sort out" Joe?

As a simple example, in the Tutorial scenario there is a US AAA unit that is attached to the map boss. I attach it to the nearby armoured unit. In other scenarios I will attach similar units in a similar way to make use of all my assets.

In the Tutorial scenario there are 2 artillery units attached to the map boss. In a larger scenario I will attach certain artillery units to certain bosses - grouping them in a logical manner.

john connor

Joe98 - you know (I'm sure you do) that you can do that in scenmaker before you start the scenario just by dragging and dropping the unit in the Units tab, placing it under the HQ you want it attached to?

I know it's not the same as being able to click from within the game - and I support absolutely your request - but just in case it was hampering your present play, and until CO2 is out, you can do that in scenmaker.

Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The trouble with allowing the user that ability is that some users will reassign units regardless of their current location. Then they ill complain that the units march across the map rather than go to the nearby objective. To make it really work you need to provide a means for the user to change the at start or arrival location. As Peter says you can do that right now in the ScenMaker.

Joe98

Joe98 - ..... that you can do that in scenmaker before you start the scenario just by dragging and dropping the unit in the Units tab, placing it under the HQ you want it attached to?

No, I didn't know that thank you!

Joe98

I have been a tester in a few games. Most testers test the obvious. I try to get my ships to travel across land and my soldiers to walk on water.