Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

X-Maps for LnLT Modern Compendiums?

Paul Aceto

I don't see an option to get X-Maps when you order the two Modern Era LnLT compendia. There is such an option for the two WWII Era ones.

Are there X-Maps for the Modern Era compendia?

Paul, I can't personally attest to this, but according to the video link below, the Compendium include both regular and X-Maps.

Paul Aceto

Actually, I think Gimpy was mistaken. What he was calling an X-Map is actually just a special, large map (54). If you look at the WWII compandium ordering page, it asks you which map size you want, standard or X-maps.

I think the package he opened first had two sets of maps. I saw a smaller looking 54/54B map at about 3:15 and then at 4:02 there was another 54B map which definitely looked bigger.

But I see the disparity you are speaking of on the product order page between the WWII and Modern compendiums.

The Volume 2 (Modern Compendium) is not supposed to have maps (just scenarios, per the product page and verified by Gimpy at 8:00), but Volume 4 (Modern) is supposed to have maps (per product page and verified at 12:17). Although from the video I can't tell if Gimpy's copy of Volume 4 came with regular maps, X-Maps, or both.

I'll find out myself at some point...just picked up the X-Maps for Falklands and Nam, the only X-Maps I was missing of the four modern titles I have.

Paul Aceto

Maybe if you pre-ordered the compendia you got the X-Maps for free, but you don't automatically get them if you buy via retail. I got free X Maps with my HoNA pre-order, so it may have been the same with these.

joneshowarda

I didn't pre-order mine, or request anything special, and I got the X-Maps with the compendium. I think they're standard issue. It also included regular sized maps.

joneshowarda

Well, let's see. I have them all, now. I think the WWII one I requested the X-maps but I seem to have both sizes. And on the modern I didn't have to request, it came with both sizes.

Paul Aceto

FYI - I submitted a ticket and received this response:

Hello Paul

We do have the option, but it is currently not working. We are working on getting it fixed.