Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock 'n Load Tactical Core Rules v5.0 Coming Soon

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
For over 15 years the Lock ’n Load Tactical (LnLT) system has set a new standard in squad-level gaming. Its innovative gameplay mechanics, unparalleled artwork, historical scope, and accessibility have entertained veteran and new gamers alike. Over that time, our rules have grown, too, introducing new unit capabilities and concepts; they have also matured in their presentation.

The LnLT version 5.0 (v5.0) rules manual contains the latest set of guidelines and regulations for the game system. Our goal is to present the rules in a straightforward manner without disrupting their existing structure and foundation. The biggest difference between the v5.0 and the v4.1 rules is that the World War II and Modern Era core rules are no longer separate, and rules specific to modules, are now found in the module-specific rules. For clarity, some rules sections have been modified not with content but with a new structure, e.g., additional subsections, more bullet points, or more images and examples. Additional cross-referencing of rules and a detailed index have also been added.

Other new additions to the v5.0 rules are numbered examples within sections with multiple examples and a hexagonal color-coding system has been implemented in the table of contents and throughout the manual, to make referencing certain sections and subsections easier. Two new sections have been added: one on Scenario Information, which breaks down how scenarios are laid out, to aid new gamers; and another on Series Resources, which introduces new and veteran gamers to additional ways to expand and enjoy the LnLT system.

Learning any game system can be daunting, but don’t be dissuaded; we use a large font-size, to accommodate the eyes, and have lots of examples, to illustrate the mechanics. Further, the best way to learn is to have another person show you how to play, but that’s not always an option. We encourage new players to read the two new gameplay walkthroughs (for infantry and vehicles/ordnance) found at the back of the booklet before reading the rules, to familiarize yourself with how a scenario plays in an intuitive and observational manner. The v5.0 rules can be used with any previously published LnLT module.

Let me say also that the LnLT v5.0 rules will not be included in the currently available LnLT Games since they were boxed long before this edition was available. We are still completing the rules so a lot of items have not been decided yet but will come very soon. We are shooting for May but that is not set in stone.

LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store.jpg LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store Features Counters.jpg LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store Features Color Coding Part 1.jpg LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store Features Color Coding Part 2.jpg LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store Features Bullets.jpg LnLT Core Rules 5.0 Store Features Color Coding.jpg LnLT Core Rules v5.0 Store Features Color Coding Part 2.jpeg

Attachments

• LnLT Core Rulebook v5 Coming Soon.jpg
    LnLT Core Rulebook v5 Coming Soon.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 694
  • LnLT Core Rulebook v5 Available Now.jpg
    LnLT Core Rulebook v5 Available Now.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 1,066

TerryB

Excellent news, David!

If you need any help in the proofreading, or with anything else that can be done at a distance. Let me know!

Keep up the great work. This continual improvement is something that's really got me hooked on LnL.

Have fun!
Terry

Surfcandy

I feel kinda off just taking the time to read this after focusing for a few days on which modules to order. So I just ordered today and am wondering if I should have waited until May and received the 5.0 Rules which each of the five games I ordered.

TerryB

Hi Surfcandy!

I'm not with the company, so this is not an official reply. But I understood that David's mail to mean that the new rules would not be included in any currently available modules (even after 5.0 were published)
David Heath said:
Let me say also that the LnLT v5.0 rules will not be included in the currently available LnLT Games since they were boxed long before this edition was available.

So you've not lost or gained anything by buying now, except getting familiar with the system while the new rules are being prepared.

From what I gather (again my opinion) the new rules will not change substantially, they'll provide more clarifications and examples to clear up "grey" areas. This quote has my bold:
David Heath said:
Our goal is to present the rules in a straightforward manner without disrupting their existing structure and foundation. ... For clarity, some rules sections have been modified not with content but with a new structure ...

Sorry, David, if I took your words out of context.

Enjoy your games!
Terry

Surfcandy

I spoke to David concerning this and he was very helpful and cleared up any misunderstanding. The printed core rules v5.0 will not be included with game packages for quite a while and will be available through a PDF download.