Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AEO opportunity fire

TerryB

Hi guys,

Cross posted from BGG.

According to rule 8.4 in the solo rules, the AEO can opportunity fire when the player spends MPs.

Is there any guidance on when the AEO should do this? Or is it a judgement call?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

TerryB

Thanks Ty.

An oversight on my part. I'd got into the habit of checking the charts when the cards directed me to a specific order.

I'm really enjoying the system

Frederick Lai

Will the AEO OF just when PU moves into the first hex in their LOS or until the PU finishes the whole move and the AEO moves PU back to any one hex along its route with the least TM and fires at this hex?

My rationale is: In a two player game, when and where to shoot at enemy units using OF is a difficult decision for the non-active player to make. In the solo mode, you can cheat by forcing the AEO to fire on a hex that is not favourable to them in terms of TM.

docsmann

I'm trying to get my feet wet again in the Lock 'n Load world again, so please bear with me. IAW Chapter 3, paragraph 3.2 of the Solo rules booklet it reads 'Use Your Head, Soldier'. I take that to mean that if it was advantageous to fire using OF (you out number the defender) then go for it (in real life, an infantry team probably won't take on a whole platoon plus).

Just my two cents. Hope this train of thought helps.

Marvin