Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Vassal Module for Heroes of Normany

Peter

The modules for these games are EXPERTLY done and look and function GREAT! However, I have spotted a few issues that could be fixed.

1) The Horsa Glider cannot be rotated to face a hexside. Not a big deal, but more for aesthetics.
2) The British 51mm Mortar does not have a "Dismantled Side" option
3) The German SS Tiger I tank's Turret button does not work. When you click it (or CTRL-T) you get a message saying "Bad Data in Module: Image not found HoN_Tigerl_turreto.png" and the option disappears along with the option to display the "To Hit" table. Weird.

That's all I could spot off hand.

Pete

Richard D

Pete,

All of the above seem to be fixed in the latest update from the Vassal site.

Thanks for reporting these, and thanks to the people who fixed the problems. :)

Last edited:

Peter

Well it looks like they fixed the Horsa rotation issue and the 51mm Mortar "dismantled" side, but the SS Tiger I counter still has issues. Once you turn on the "to hit" table, you cannot turn it back off and trying to turn on the turret results in the "Bad Data in Module: Image not found HoN_SS_TigerI_turreto.png" message.

Trent Garner

Apologies, Pete, I will take a look at the Tiger Tank again. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the problem on my end.

Thanks for the feedback guys, we really appreciate it!

Trent Garner

Pete,

I checked the release version of Heroes of Normandy Vassal module v2.2 for the problem you report with the Tiger I tank. I think I see what you are saying now. If the turret counter is being used, the To-Hit table appears underneath the turret, so you can't see it. I'll have to think about this one for a bit. I may have to add the To-Hit table to the turret.

FYI, this affects all the vehicles in the module with turrets, and likely all LnLT Vassal modules, since they are all designed the same way. An easy workaround in the meantime is simply doing a mouse-hover on the stack with the tank. This will show you all the counters in the stack, zoomed in a bit and spread out side-by-side, for easy viewing. Also note that CTRL-H will toggle the To-Hit table on/off underneath the turret.

Peter

Hi Trent! The to-hit table is not an issue for me and it being covered by the turret is not really an issue in my opinion. However, I'm still have issues with the SS Tiger I. The Heer Tiger I works just fine, it is only the Black SS Tiger I that is having the issue.

I have deleted the module, and re-downloaded the newest 2.2 module that was uploaded on 4-29. Still getting this message when I try to turn on the turret for the SS Tiger I "- Bad Data in Module: Image not found HoN_Tigerl_turreto.png"

The British Mortar and Horsa now work great. Thanks!

Pete

Trent Garner

I'm not sure I checked the SS Tiger I tank, my bad. You did specify that in the OP, I just missed it. We'll get it straightened out. I'm working on updating all the modules in the near future, so this will definitely be addressed.