Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Vassal Modules version 2.2 - Coming Soon!

Trent Garner

Hello everybody! We are working on preparing the next version release of all LnLT Vassal modules and are trying to get all the modules in the best shape possible. To that end, I want to thank everyone who has provided feedback on the current v2.1 modules. There is a lot to keep up with and your help continues to be invaluable.

The modules for version 2.2 are nearing completion and will be ready for release soon. However, there are still a few days to submit any issues, corrections, omissions, etc. So, if you are aware of something in one of the v2.1 LnLT modules that isn't right, please report here and we'll try to address them before release. It's possible they have already been addressed, but it can't hurt to be certain.

Here are a few recently identified issues:

Heroes of North Africa - Missing 'Emplaced' counter; missing map 42-43; incorrect image Map 33b
Heroes Against the Red Star - French troop counter has wrong back image; two other troop counters do not belong in the module and will be removed
Heroes in Defiance - French Turret WT counters needed custom prototypes; rotation enabled for both Turrets
Heroes of the Nam - Missing three MKV tanks (named) for ANZAC forces; US M113 counter fixed

TerryB

Are there plans for a Noville module?
Great Idea, as thats my next venture. It could be just an extension to the Heroes of Normandy Module, to add the new map and extra units...

I can help out if you need anything.

Paul S Young

Just a heads up, regarding the current module for the Falklands module - The 'shaken' side of the Gurkha mmc is coming up as the Argentine Marines. Looking through the image directory in Editor, the image looks as if it's missing.

Trent Garner

@Paul - Thanks for the tip, I'll add that counter to the change list for LnLT v2.2 modules. Once the digital version of all corrected counters are ready, we'll update all the modules to v2.2 and release them.

@Richard - An Vassal extension for the Noville module is planned for future release, have no fear. :)

Richard D

@Paul - Thanks for the tip, I'll add that counter to the change list for LnLT v2.2 modules. Once the digital version of all corrected counters are ready, we'll update all the modules to v2.2 and release them.

@Richard - An Vassal extension for the Noville module is planned for future release, have no fear. :)

Great News! :)

Rekka

I would like to start a Vassal game of Day of Heroes with a friend but we have incompatible schedules so it would be in PBEM. Any advice on how to handle opportunity fire in this kind of game?

TerryB

I would like to start a Vassal game of Day of Heroes with a friend but we have incompatible schedules so it would be in PBEM. Any advice on how to handle opportunity fire in this kind of game?
Hi Rekka,

From my experience there is only two ways to handle this
1) Send a log file after moving every hex (cumbersome, and slows down the game), or
2) Do your whole movement and allow you opponent to decide if he wants to fire as you enter any one of your hexes. Using the log and step by step advance in the vassal module when my opponend wante dto op fire he would stop the log at that point and create a new one with the op fire. If the Unit didn't shake he'd then he'd replicate my original movement and send back the log to me.

Option 2 for us worked much better, reduced the number of files, and over all seemed much more logical. It doesn't really reveaul too much of your intent, because your opponent will usually have an idea of which units he will want to op. fire on.

Hope that helps.

Have fun!
Terry