Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Board Game Screenshots

Hexagon

I see the article in wargamer minutes ago... and need a few minutes more to remember my password to post here :happy:

Well, after years the info is wellcome, i am glad to see you keep the idea of release a base game and over it install-buy "army packs" ala FOGII, i allways love the idea of engage nations that never meet in the battlefield in real world.

The images are interesting, different UI compared with HOS, maybe a little more... crude, looking like tabletop and less like the HOS style but if the bugs for digital version are out i can deal with it

Now lets see how are released the packs (a good mix of WWII and something outside WWII hehehe)... i dont know if you plan use Steam like with Command Ops.

Expect the test go fine, i am going to post in a dedicated wargaming forum the info, is the style of game that these guys love :smuggrin:

PD: i dont know what i want see first covered in the serie... north Africa is a good option at this scale but the mother Russia is a jealous lover... Normandy... more and more i feel it like the fast food in wargaming, you can find a Normandy title in every corner :wtf:

Last edited:

Hexagon

Now i see better the images... sometimes the unit counters look smaller compared with hex and in other pics they cover practically all hex... a new feature to adapt the size of counters as you prefer???

PD: post done in the forum :writer:

Hexagon

I pray for a skirmish mode, for me was one of the things i miss in HOS... well, an an easier to use editor but with skirmish mode is less problematic.

Sorry but what is a solo mode??? i am not into the tabletop, i only play wargames in PC... maybe is AI what do you want see in game???

Website
cartasdadosyfiguritas.blogspot.com
Sorry but what is a solo mode??? i am not into the tabletop, i only play wargames in PC... maybe is AI what do you want see in game???

Me refiero a jugar con ambos bandos a la vez.
Soy jugador de mesa, y generalmente lo juego solo, asi que me gustaría esa opción para esta edicion digital.
====================
I mean playing with both sides at once.
I'm a table player, and I usually play it by myself, so I'd like that option for this digital edition.

Punisher

I see the Wargamer article that says" It will have AI, so will be suitable for solo play" does that mean its a full AI and you can play against the computer ?

Hexagon

Me refiero a jugar con ambos bandos a la vez.
Soy jugador de mesa, y generalmente lo juego solo, asi que me gustaría esa opción para esta edicion digital.
====================
I mean playing with both sides at once.
I'm a table player, and I usually play it by myself, so I'd like that option for this digital edition.

Ok, do you refer to a mirror game but VS AI.

Well, now we need more info to know what we can expect, what are their plans (roadmap for add-ons) and when... but here i think more in future years.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
"Solo mode" is a confusing term!

If you mean sitting at the computer and playing both sides yourself (what I always referred to as 'hotseat'), that is currently possible, since I use that a lot for testing out rules and weird situations, and the plan was to leave that in as an option. You just pick 'human' for both sides and whether it's you on both sides, or your friend sitting next to you at the same time, both sides are played at that keyboard.

There are still a few little wrinkles right now such as the sniper placement button assumes you're playing vs. the computer so it's always the 'human' side, stuff like that, but it'll get there.

Playing against a computer/AI/artificial opponent/robot is the main focus, so yes, that will be in there. There are currently no restrictions on which side(s) the computer controls in a scenario.

Barthheart

Staff member
Hey Tom! I didn't know you were involved with this project too.
I'm available if you need help testing.

Vance

James Crowley

The wargamer article suggests that this digital version may be more of an introduction to the LnL board-game system, rather than a full blown game in its own right. However the idea of additional packs suggests otherwise.

If this is a full-on system, will it contain the new version 5 rules and, in addition to providing an AI, will it provide any other new features such as hidden deployment/movement of AI units and, perhaps, a battle generator?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Yes, it's a full game, w/version 5 rules. No hidden units right now, they really throw off the existing scenarios unless you are super familiar with them and if you know the scenario that well, you know what the hidden units are anyway. So far everything is complete conversions of existing scenarios. Another minor item is that hidden units also add some extra work to the display and AI stuff so that's another reason I'm hoping we can get away without them, though in comparison to stuff like 'ok let's now put in the Opportunity Move skill' it's small potatoes.

I'm not sure what the battle generator plans are yet, especially as regards mixing stuff from different modules. So far everything has been set up so that all the modules are basically separate universes - we really want it so that a person can just buy, say, modules A C and F and skip B D and E and everything is easy to install and self-contained - but that complicates things a little for when you want to mix stuff up like when you want to recreate the little-known Japanese banzai charge in downtown Mogadishu. It's not an unsolvable problem by any means - everything you have is loaded in the game when you start it - but again, it's some extra work and I have a list of lots of other stuff to do first.

James Crowley

Thanks Tom; great to hear and really something to look forward to.

Personally not bothered about mixing modules in the way you described but would be nice to produce some additional battles above and beyond the included scenarios which, I guess, is what the Solo package does for the board games.

Double Deuce

As long as there is an Editor so designers can build their own extra content and distribute to others, I don't think having separate modules would be that big of an issue. At least not for me.