Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SW use in a different impulse?

Nelson Isada

Can a non-To Hit SW can be "held back" for use in a subsequent impulse at a different hex if the possessing unit has been marked as Fired or Assault Fired?

Nelson Isada

No, Once you have fired inherent fire power, you are marked as fired.

Keith T

Do you have a rules citation? I ask because Ops Complete is really Ops (somewhat) Complete, and so in a like manner is Fired really Fired and done or Squad Fired, but Squad can fire or use a non-to Hit SW? Thanks.

Barthheart

Staff member
All SW, including those with a To-Hit table, must be fired in the same impulse as the inherent FP on the owning unit.

TerryB

Here's what I know, from the rules (my bold)

4.0 (right colum, last paragraph): There is, however, an exception. SWs with to-hit tables on the back of their counters (such as Bazookas, ATRs, etc., must either fire separately (i.e., not adding in their Firepower with any other units targeting the same hex, but rather by making an entirely separate roll) or fire at another target altogether. They still must fire during the same impulse as the unit possessing them and at the same hex. Support Weapons cannot activate separately from the unit that possesses them.

Check out also the first paragraphs on p28.

The only possible "exception" to this is Op. Fire which maybe conducted by a unit under an Ops. Complete marker, but never by a unit already under a fired marker:
First paragraph page 29: MMCs under an Ops Complete marker can Opportunity Fire (5.3), but subtract one (-1) from their IFP. The FP is modified BEFORE considering any other attacking unit’s Die-Roll Modifications (DRMs), and is applied per firing unit. A unit’s FP can be a negative number.

I hope that helps.

Have fun!
Terry

Keith T

Do you have a rules citation? I ask because Ops Complete is really Ops (somewhat) Complete, and so in a like manner is Fired really Fired and done or Squad Fired, but Squad can fire or use a non-to Hit SW? Thanks.

page 30. (near the bottom.

Mark the unit(s) that Fired with a
Fired marker.