Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Battles to the Rhine?

Mark

I just received the new version of Noville Bastognes outpost In the mail, I noticed half of one of the counter sheets is devoted to Battles to the rhine, these include US and British troops and a Wittmann counter, I didn't see any scenarios in the scenario book that used these counters. So what are the scenarios that these counters are devoted too?

Stefano G.

Hello Mark,
what do you mean for "Wittmann counter"?
...i own the firts edition of Noville Outpost and there is no Wittman or British counter there.
Checking LnLP Store, i have not even seen any counter sheet dedicated to the Rhine or to Villers-Bocage Battle in the last Outpost game version... could you give more details about?

Rydo

Hello Mark,
what do you mean for "Wittmann counter"?
...i own the firts edition of Noville Outpost and there is no Wittman or British counter there.
Checking LnLP Store, i have not even seen any counter sheet dedicated to the Rhine or to Villers-Bocage Battle in the last Outpost game version... could you give more details about?
I'm interested too.

Some months ago, there was a user here that told he was working on a module with british and germans and that he was willing to give everything to Ln'L to test and release...maybe he got his module released?

Or maybe it was a print mistake? I mean, here on the forums nobody talked about that beign released o_O

Rydo

I just received the new version of Noville Bastognes outpost In the mail, I noticed half of one of the counter sheets is devoted to Battles to the rhine, these include US and British troops and a Wittmann counter, I didn't see any scenarios in the scenario book that used these counters. So what are the scenarios that these counters are devoted too?
Could you post a photo here about all the new counters??

Thank you!!

Mark

Here is One of the counter sheets that came in the newest edition. I ha don't the first edition and didn't have these counters in that.
jesters-race

Stefano G.

Hmm not sure how to get an image on , the image icon on the tool bar doesn't seem to have worked, I have it saved on my boardgame geek page
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4277704/jesters-race

Well...i see...hummm...being one enthusiast (crazy) for LnL tactical games, and already owning first edition, i am tempted now to order the new edition ONLY to get the new beautiful Wittman counter!!!:D:D... about your question: i remember, some years ago, when M.H.Walker was still here, that a Wittman Villers-Bocage scenario was planned...it would have been added to the first edition of "Heroes of Normandy"...but, as it's now clear, the project was set aside...having Wittman counter now and some British infantry counters (4th Yeomanry regiment ?) makes us hope to have the Villers-Bocage scenario in a future ;)....so, you have received these new counters with the last edition of Noville, correct?...my left mouse button is netx to be clicked on the "Checkout" box :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
Mark, looks like you got lucky and received counters for a not yet released expansion for Heroes of Normandy.
That counter sheet should have been cut in half before it was sent to you.
Have some fun making up yer own scenarios!

Mark

Yeah I ordered it a couple of weeks ago from the LnL store
Also I got the ww2 vol 1 compendium where I received a giant version of the brecourt manor map, its even bigger than the x map hexes (not sure if that's normal)
I also have the first vol of Noville and will probably still make use of the mounted map, I didn't get the xmap as my main gaming area isn't large enough to leave it setup