Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

NA Nov '41 scenarios need 5cm PAK 38

ranknfile

I recall a study by the British in NA (I could not find it unfortunately) where they examined knocked out Commonwealth tanks. The penetrations were mostly 50mm; not 88 or 37mm. German tactics were to not engage in tank vs tank combat if possible, instead delaying the enemy armor while a screen of ATGs were positioned behind them. Admittedly many of these 50mm penetrations may have been from PzKw IIIs, nonetheless 50mm PAK 38s figured prominently in the DAK; most certainly so by Operation Crusader.

Your TO&E only includes 37mm ATG.

See the attached link, check the reference to the PAK 38 in Brig. Medley's letter of 17th, Feb 42.

https://rommelsriposte.com/2011/06/18/captured-guns-in-use-by-13-corps-17-february-1942/

Last edited:

simovitch

Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean "Your TO&E only includes 37mm ATG"? Have you played through the scenarios or opened the scenario editor?

The Panzer Division AT units have the 50mm ATG mixed in with the 37mm ATG at about a 1/3 ratio but come in as reinforcements in both the Sidi Rezegh and the Gabr Saleh scenarios. Maybe you are looking at the at-start OOB? I didn't give any 50mm ATG's to the Div z.b.V. Afrika, only to the Pz. Div's.

Last edited: