Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Random Events

Ted Werner

In 4.0 it says a 1d6 is rolled to see if there is a random event and if there is an event, a 2d6 tells you what the event is.
Question- what does the 1d6 roll need to be to get a random event? Where do I find that info?

Maurice Fitzgerald

Staff member
Website
moesgametable.com
Sorry, that somehow was missed when the manual was being formatted. A random event will happen on an odd result on the 1d6 roll, then you roll the 2d6 to get the event. You can scratch out the "If so" and make a note "On an odd result," as that is the correct text.

Ted Werner

Great; thanks for the clarification.

Just an FYI if you ever do a version 2.0 or living rules, the example on page 13 in scenario 1 says that you get an event if you roll a "2" (which, of course, is an even number). Maybe the rule should read on a die roll of 1-3.

Maurice Fitzgerald

Staff member
Website
moesgametable.com
You are correct, the SSR in scenario one is not the proper text. I was a little confused myself when I looked at it as that's not how I recalled them, although it's been a while since I worked on this project and I'm honestly having to double check myself currently with pain meds still doing their job. :)

So, I dug through my old notes to look at my original rules draft submission and am including the correct text of the SSR for scenario One. I apologize for the confusion and have sent it in to be updated in the manual going forward. Good catch, you get a cookie! ;)

Scenario Special Rules:

1. Until activated neither the 334/32 or 7/66 NVA battalions may move or fire normally. The 334/32 Battalion may however, fire on adjacent units. If the Roll for Event number rolled at the beginning of the American turn (to determine if there is an event) is equal to or less than the turn number doubled, the 334/32 NVA Battalion is activated and may move and fire normally. Example: if the American rolls a “2” on the first turn, there is no event and the 334/32 is activated. If the roll was a “3” on the first turn, there is an event, but the 334/32 would not be activated.

2. The 7/66 NVA battalion enters play two turns after the 334/32 Battalion is activated.