Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Artillery Line of Sight?

Robert Spader

Do friendly units block line of sight for artillery? Seems it would be blocked (as in most other games) but rules only reference terrain as blocking line of sight.

Yes any unit blocks line of sight for the big guns ...

One thing I try to stress is house rules a war game once purchased can have as many house rules as both players agree to.

If you do not like a rule and or a scenario experiment with the game ...I have had people send in a house rule of stacking artillery with one unit as an example...

Scenarios...you have plenty of extra counters to adjust a battle...Fort Carion for example ad some British guns to the mix...

Thank you for buying Bloody Mohawk.
Bill Molyneaux

Robert Spader

Bill, thanks for the response. The question came up for me in the Braddock's Defeat scenario. It made no sense that artillery could fire down the road over friendly units. House rules are easy for me as I only play my wargames solo. Before adding house rules, however, I want to make sure that I understand what the designer had in mind in the original rules. BTW, I am enjoying Bloody Mohawk very much. Simple rules. Easy setup. Great for filling small parcels of gaming time.

Thank you Robert!

You made my day!
I have had a few war gamers say this is not complicated enough and is too simple...I have also received good reviews too.

This game was ment to teach the time line of the French and Indian war also it had to be easy to play as it is sold at many French and Indian war historic sites. This is the gateway game to get new young war gamers and their parents into the hobby.

Thank you again!
Bill