Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Tactical Solo: Ongoing Melee

MacMarkus69

Hello Gents,

I think about ongoing melees and how the AEO decides about the way to handle them...

Any rules references?

Thanks in advance
Mac

Make sure you have the newer version of the Solo rules (Version1.5).
Melee can be ordered by the card directly (see page 25). The example card says "Enter Melee or overun if..."

Also see 6.1.3 Executing Victory Objectives, the example on on page 25 "Firing or Melee would work but which one would be the best choice. If for instance the (PU) Weapons Team has a Fired marker on it then maybe a Melee would be the best choice. If it has not completed
an action then Firing by the AEO may be more appropriate as the Weapons Team Opportunity Fire may destroy the AEO."

Section 7.5 tells the AEO to use SWs if ordered to melee.

The Banzai National Ability behavior flow charts can lead to melee.

Move Action Offensive flow chart can lead to melee.

There is a lot of "what is best for the AEO" that can get you there, but it is more of a judgement call relating to the condition, abilities and status of the Target PU and the attacking AEO.

Hope this helps. V/R Kevin

MacMarkus69

Thanks for your reply, Kevin...

Getting into / starting a melee is something that's quite clear - I was thinking about "8.1 Post Melee" situations.

Units locked in melee have the option to use an impulse to either melee or withdraw. As I do not see any withdraw options mentioned on AEO order cards, I assume that this must be handled by judgement calls.

...but I wasn't sure if I missed something.

Cheers
Mac