Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Canadian shipping option?

seagles

Not too long ago, there was an option for Canadian shipping when checking out in the LnLP online store. While never cheap, it was certainly more reasonable than USPS Priority International rates. What happened? Are less expensive rates to Canada coming back?

I really want to continue investing in this system, but the Priority rates are just too much to justify further purchases.

JKC

Hi Scott,

The only thing we Canadians have is real winter and iffy postal service!

LnL used to offer "Weight Based Shipping" or something similar but Darren told me some moths ago they were unhappy with it and going to discontinue it. That leaves USPS or Fedex. My limited experience is that Fedex is cheaper than USPS (but somewhat more than Weight Based) but package size is a factor. I was dubious about Fedex because I didn't know how they would handle customs. I've done two Fedex shipments recently and one from Noble Knight Games. All worked like a charm. If you declare it as a gift with a value of $60 or less it should come through customs free. They may even let a value up to $75-100 through no fee. You can declare whatever value you want on the LnL order form. I got one package this way. If there is duty (and it is 13% GST + $10 hdlg.) they will call you for prepayment over the phone or you can call them back and pay then. I had one come this way. Fedex is FAST and the duty stuff seems to be handled efficiently and fairly.

Nevertheless, it isn't cheap. Nothing coming from the US or overseas is these days. C'est las guerre!

If you want, write me at jkcarrington@sympatico.ca

Cheers,

John

seagles

Thanks for that info, John. I may try the FedEx route the next time USPS First-Class isn't an option.

Please enjoy the wretched Canadian November!

Cheers,
Scott

JKC

Hey Scott,

I just got a bit of a rude awakening from Fedex - an invoice for HST on the order , Advancement Fee plus Clearance Fee HST on Fedex services for one of two orders I made recently with LnL. To add insult to injury the HST on the actual order was $13 and everything else another $40 !!!! Fedex called about one order, took payment and as I recall it was just HST on the order plus $10. The second one just appeared at our door and then this invoice showed up snail mail.

So I am reserving judgement on using Fedex. The one that "came through no problem" may have been using a cheaper Fedex service level. The other may have been expedited. I don't remember. Next time I will look more closely at my options. Unless you have an American address to send to and can pick up from it's either pay up or go hungry.

The Sentry Box in Calgary is the only Canadian store I know of that carries LnL stuff but their selection is not always up to date. You have to call the store directly to order, which they do quite well. They'll get stuff for you if they can but I think they go through a Canadian wholesaler who may or may not have the stuff you want.

Sorry for the bad news.

John

seagles

Oh boy, sorry about your luck, John. I've ordered games from the Sentry Box before so thanks for that reminder. As far as international shipping goes, it seems there are no decent solutions for us Canucks. I placed an order for North Africa and Red Star direct from LnLP due to the Black Friday sale. The USPS shipping was a whopping $72 CAN, more than the cost for Red Star itself. The great sale helped to offset the overall cost, of course, and I never would have pulled the trigger without it. At regular prices, I'm out.

Scott

seagles

LnLP continues to outshine itself. I just finished placing an order to make use of the Christmas sale, and noticed an "International Shipping Discount" automatically applied at checkout. It brought my original $36 USPS First-Class shipping charge down to $20. That combined with my Loyalty discount creates a very strong incentive to continue to order direct from LnLP.

These guys are something else. Thank you so much David Heath and the rest of the LnL crew!

Cheers,
Scott

JKC

LnLP continues to outshine itself. I just finished placing an order to make use of the Christmas sale, and noticed an "International Shipping Discount" automatically applied at checkout. It brought my original $36 USPS First-Class shipping charge down to $20. That combined with my Loyalty discount creates a very strong incentive to continue to order direct from LnLP.

These guys are something else. Thank you so much David Heath and the rest of the LnL crew!

Cheers,
Scott

Great news Scott. I'l be l;ooking for it next time I order. Thanks as well to the LnL crew.

John