Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

The Lock 'n Load Series

Jeff Lewis

I wanted to announce that going forward I'll be in charge of the direction of the Lock 'n Load series of games, from module design to rules. It's an honor to take the helm of this award-winning system. There have been so many great modules to date, and I look forward to adding many more to what I think is the best tactical game system out there.

Contact me about games and rules anytime here on the forum or at jeffl@lnlpublishing.com

Best,

Jeff Lewis

Mike Nagel

Jeff,

Congrats and best wishes! Now lets get HotP and RoH out the door!

Mark747

Jeff, though your avatar outranks mine, your assumption of lead on LnL is cause for my avatar's higher morale.

ejwolski

I wanted to announce that going forward I'll be in charge of the direction of the Lock 'n Load series of games, from module design to rules. It's an honor to take the helm of Mark Walker's award-winning system. There have been so many great modules to date, and I look forward to adding many more to what I think is the best tactical game system out there.

Contact me about games and rules anytime here on the forum or at jeffl@lnlpublishing.com

Best,

Jeff Lewis
Is the Heroes of the Faith module still alive and progressing?

Cheers!

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Ejwolski

On Heroes of the Faith we are not going to make a final ruling on this until everyone is back from the holidays but from what we saw the game is not in any state we would like to go forward with it. I am expecting we will cancel this design. Jeff Lewis and Ralph Ferrari want to do a design on this subject but they are feeling that they could do a better job starting over with both of them handling the design and development. I am sure this is not what anyone wants to hear but we want to get all these promised designs either out the door or cancel them so people know. Going forward we will not have these type of issues with any of our new pledge design. A lot of of this has to do with having great project leaders moving these designs forward.

We promised a different type of LnL going forward with information so here is the bottom line at this point. AGAIN we will be talking about this once we are back and people thoughts may change which is why we wanted to make sure to review everything and discuss it before we make anything final.

David

ejwolski

Just wanted to check in - I haven't seen anything yet on the present and future states of the Lock n Load series. Specific questions come to mind:
  • status of living rules (YES!!!)
  • status of HOTP, Mare Nostrum
  • status/schedule for reprints of existing titles
  • general roadmap/vision for the series - where do you see it going? which era's/epochs? boxed/unboxed?
  • Maps - i love the geomorphic maps, but also really like the larger maps like Dark July. Would love to see a Stalingrad or similar map.
  • Exclusive content - I was not a big fan of the exclusive content included with reprint preorders. I already have the existing modules but would love to have the new content. I was glad to see some effort was made to allow the exclusive material to be ordered separately.
  • how does LNL tie in with future LOF issues (e.g. Bear & Jackal a one off or sign of the future)? that sort of thing.
  • Communications - what's the preferred channel? I know there are many - would just not have to monitor them all just to get news. Will a regular newsletter (quarterly would be great) be too burdensome to produce?
As you can tell, I'm a huge fan. I'd love to know where the series is headed. I was glad to see some postings in BGG for World at War.
Cheers!

Jeff Lewis

• status of living rules (YES!!!)
  • status of HOTP, Mare Nostrum
  • status/schedule for reprints of existing titles
  • general roadmap/vision for the series - where do you see it going? which era's/epochs? boxed/unboxed?
  • Maps - i love the geomorphic maps, but also really like the larger maps like Dark July. Would love to see a Stalingrad or similar map.
  • Exclusive content - I was not a big fan of the exclusive content included with reprint preorders. I already have the existing modules but would love to have the new content. I was glad to see some effort was made to allow the exclusive material to be ordered separately.
  • how does LNL tie in with future LOF issues (e.g. Bear & Jackal a one off or sign of the future)? that sort of thing.
  • Communications - what's the preferred channel? I know there are many - would just not have to monitor them all just to get news. Will a regular newsletter (quarterly would be great) be too burdensome to produce?
Living Rules are at this point the HotP rules. They will change as I'm working on the core rules, and then each module will have specific rules added, e.g., Banzai, etc.

HotP should be shipping soon. It required a lot of late revisions, but will be worth the wait. Mare Nostrum . . . we are hoping to wrap up development and art by April.

We hope to get all titles back in print. Heroes of Normandy (Band of Heroes / Swift and Bold) and Heroes of the Motherland (Not One Step Back + necessary Band of Heroes components to make it a complete game) will be first up. Condensing expansions into complete games is one way we are going to re-release games.

Going forward, the focus will be World War 2, pseudo World War 3, and modern conflicts. Complete games as boxed games; expansions in Line of Fire; expansions will only require one base game and must be from same era.

Geomorphic maps are obviously more versatile. Big historical maps are cool, too. It depends on the requirements of the design.

Going forward, I would like to eliminate Exclusive Content. It adds too much time to development and, with reprints, makes people who already own the game mad.

Line of Fire is now the place for expansions.

Forums and my e-mail jeffl@lnlpublishing.com is best means of communications.

ejwolski

Living Rules are at this point the HotP rules. They will change as I'm working on the core rules, and then each module will have specific rules added, e.g., Banzai, etc.

HotP should be shipping soon. It required a lot of late revisions, but will be worth the wait. Mare Nostrum . . . we are hoping to wrap up development and art by April.

We hope to get all titles back in print. Heroes of Normandy (Band of Heroes / Swift and Bold) and Heroes of the Motherland (Not One Step Back + necessary Band of Heroes components to make it a complete game) will be first up. Condensing expansions into complete games is one way we are going to re-release games.

Going forward, the focus will be World War 2, pseudo World War 3, and modern conflicts. Complete games as boxed games; expansions in Line of Fire; expansions will only require one base game and must be from same era.

Geomorphic maps are obviously more versatile. Big historical maps are cool, too. It depends on the requirements of the design.

Going forward, I would like to eliminate Exclusive Content. It adds too much time to development and, with reprints, makes people who already own the game mad.

Line of Fire is now the place for expansions.

Forums and my e-mail jeffl@lnlpublishing.com is best means of communications.

Awesome update - thank you!

I really appreciate the thought and effort you and the LNL team are putting into this game series. I've ordered the latest LOF - my son and I can't wait to get our hands on the Bear & Jackal (in addition to everything else) while we're waiting for HOTP.

Cheers!

ejwolski

Are there updates for any of the LNL titles?

HOTP?
Mare Nostrum?
Reprints/other?

Cheers!

Gene

Jeff Lewis

Hi Gene,

I think Dave said this summer for HotP. Mare Nostrum to follow. I've hit a pause in its development to work on the reprints of many other series' games. Back to the desert shortly.

Best,
Jeff