Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Battle for Caen

Battle for Caen 1.0

Bob Hanna

Wow.

I am playing the Goodwood-Atlantic scenario as the Allies and it is massive. For me this meant that after first contact I had to slow the game down just to be able to stay on top of everything that was going on. I needed to check the AI movement paths a lot to ensure that units that I thought were going on separate routes did not deviate to the nearest road and get tangled up with other nearby units. This involved a lot more way-points than I am used to. Also the number of follow on forces that need to get through the choke-points at the bridges and quickly move to the attack further complicates the process (this is historically accurate but very frustrating). The good news is that despite the number of units in the game, I did not notice any serious lags or have any computer related issues. My computer is an older Win7 unit and I was quite impressed.

As always, the map is excellent and very accurate.

I have noticed a few OOB discrepancies and have some questions about the number of Orne bridges near Caen, but I want to play the scenario through a few times to see if they cause a problem or play imbalance. I'll post my comments sometime in the next week for your consideration.

I am also delighted that the Canadians are now involved in CO2.

Anyway, I want to let you know that this is a great job and all your work in pulling it together is much appreciated.

Reactions: Bie

Bie

Good to hear that the lag is still manageable. That was one of my main concerns.

If you see any oob errors be sure to note them down and I'll see to it in a next update. It's been quite a task to put all of the units in, so there is bound to be some errors.

panzerpit

Hi Bie,
I've tried to run your new scenario "Shutting the Trap", but when I want to start the game the following message is shown: 1st Arilanding Anti-tank Battery ( ID = 2331 ) had an Invalid Estab.
Other two scenarios included in the pack are ok.

ultradave

Thank you for these. Quite a massive undertaking. I may never play the largest ones, but even so they are great to start up and look at. Right now I'm playing the Pegasus Bridge D Co. one.

The maps are really great.

Reactions: Bie