Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Falklands v2.0 Vassal

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
LnLP Official Heroes of the Falklands v2.0 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots of the Falklands Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar (Thank You Trent), which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res digital images designed to match the boardgame contents, which makes them all easier to see and read.

We are working on new Vassal modules for all games in the LnLT line. Our intent is to bring all existing Vassal modules up to this new standard and provide a full line Vassal modules for all LnLP games. Let us know what you think and give us some feedback.

You can download the Vassal module from
here.

HotF_TheLastGasp1.png Hotf_TheLastGasp2.png Hotf_TheLastGasp3.png

Trent Garner

Thanks for the kind words. The original module design is not mine to claim, however. That fine work was done by a gentleman named Gabor Venczel, a member of our LnLT community, if I'm not mistaken. My work includes updating the counters and maps to the new digital graphics provided by LnLP, as well as cleaning up unneeded files and reducing the overall size of the finished module.

We are going to use the Falklands module as the gold standard, to which all the other modules will be upgraded. Again, thanks to Gabor Venczel, you have shown a better way to design Vassal modules.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I can't seem to find the message announcing V2.2 of this module so I'm posting here to report that using the right click menu to inflict casualties on a 2-6-4 Argentine Marine squad (shaken or not) does result in the placement of a 1-5-4 Half-squad but an unshaken one. Minor issue, i know :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Right-cliking on wreck in this module will result in the placement of a bunker instead

Trent Garner

Thanks for catching this. I think this is a recurring problem, though I can't figure out why it keeps happening. It has been corrected (again) and the module has been updated on the Vassal website as of this morning. I also uploaded the corrected module to LnLP.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Right-cliking on Lt. Torros only gives the Shaken and Delete options

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Right-clicking Stealth Move for Hero Warner will place a Moved and a Stealth markers (which, when you think of it, is not completly wrong :))

Trent Garner

You don't miss much sir, thanks for letting me know! This has been corrected and an updated module has been uploaded to the Vassal website. It should be approved later today.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Fact is, I have a couple of games running at the same time, all on Vassal so I get to used it quite extensively :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Using the righ-click menu to inflict a casualty on a 1-7-4-6 British Royal Marines result in the placement of a Shaken 1-6-4-6 British Para Half-Squad instead of a Royal Marines' one