Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Introductions

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been a fan of the Command Ops system since I played Highway To The Reich way back when. I liked it so much that, in my much younger days, I wanted to modify it to play different situations like Japan invading the Philippines in 1941 or the Easter Rising in 1916. When I saw Command Ops 2 and, to my ecstatic joy, realized that y'all had made the Estabs file editable, I saved up to purchase the scenario pack including HTTR and get started on making new Estabs for new scenarios.

Bie

Good to have you here on the forums.

Seeing that I kind of have a bond with the Philippines I would love to play some scenarios from that side of the world. Be sure to check Jim's Saipan scenario. Its estab has japanese forces, but I guess they would be more for '44 in stead of '41.

Last edited:
Will do... I'm considering a Philippines 1941-42 campaign and a Battle for Manila 1945 scenario.
There are differences between the Japanese OOB from the early war to the later war both in weaponry and in unit organization at battalion and above. Force construct and weapons allocations changed as the attrition from fighting since the early 1930s impacted the Imperial Japanese forces.

You'll find a wealth of information on unit construct in this: http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/nav.html. It's not as well indexed as I'd like, but using patience and some creative research usually wins the information you need.