Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HotP Japanese Leader with Zero LM

Ben2013

Given that Japanese squads are never shaken but take step reductions instead, can anyone advise on what good a Japanese leader with zero LM is when stacked with a squad other than manning a SW or spotting? Thanks.

Apocatastasi

A Leader stacked with other squads gives them the opportunity to use Double-time movement besides being able to activate the squads within his 1-hex radius.

Ben2013

Thank you for your guidance on this! As you can tell, I am new to this. I totally forgot about DT movement and the one-hex leadership range which I believe is significant in HotP with Banzai movement. There are just so many rules to keep track of! What baffles me though is how a colonel in the Japanese army can have a LM of zero. Surely his leadership cannot be that bad for him to make it to such a high rank!

Barthheart

Staff member
Lots of bad colonels out there....maybe he made his rank through connections and not by skill....

Ben2013

This is really funny and perhaps a fact of life! Just really curious what LNL's thought process was when assigning a zero LM to a Japanese colonel! He cannot be shaken and will take a bullet instead and be wounded, but yet has no positive leadership quality at all.

Rydo

This is really funny and perhaps a fact of life! Just really curious what LNL's thought process was when assigning a zero LM to a Japanese colonel! He cannot be shaken and will take a bullet instead and be wounded, but yet has no positive leadership quality at all.
My two cents.

To me, the reason behind it could not only mean he is inept as a good leader but maybe the higher the rank the higher the chance that those guys see the war from a comfort position, usually giving orders to platoons or more far from the frontlines instead of single squads on the ground.

In small units tactics is required tactic instead of strategy, and maybe that colonel is good at making general strategies but don't know how to properly coordinate squads into the chaos of combat.

Or he is a douche and so full of himself that the men with him fail to get inspired...:)