Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Events - Do they limit replayability?

GreyKatana

I've seen this mentioned in a couple of reviews. Not having done any scenario yet, I do not know since I haven't read any of the events (as suggested to keep the surprise).
But once you've done a scenario, does it matter too much if you know the events and want to replay it?

Rydo

I've seen this mentioned in a couple of reviews. Not having done any scenario yet, I do not know since I haven't read any of the events (as suggested to keep the surprise).
But once you've done a scenario, does it matter too much if you know the events and want to replay it?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, it depends on the type of event we're talking about.

Infact A day of Heroes, game that doen't have event markers is one of the most loved ones and my top favourite of the whole system.

It depends what type of ln'l player you are, there are two types:
- Casual, that just get the game, plays some scenarios and then goodbye forever;
- Veteran, that got into the system and played almost all the modules, to those players events are not big of a deal since by the time you're gonna replay a scenario you would have already forgotten what the event would do, considering how much scenarios are out there.

If i were you i wouldn't bother that much, get one module and play all the scenarios once, the rest will follow :)

Hi,

For us knowing ‘Events’ does take away from the replay experience...

BUT

...we have so many scenarios to play we suspect by the time we get back to replaying old ones the ‘Events’ will probably be hazy to us anyway!

Cheers

Rydo

Hi,

For us knowing ‘Events’ does take away from the replay experience...

BUT

...we have so many scenarios to play we suspect by the time we get back to replaying old ones the ‘Events’ will probably be hazy to us anyway!

Cheers
Well spoken Captain!