Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

White Star Rising counters

42834221_10161159585975195_6763963846362136576_n.jpg

Thanks, David - ran across them in our first playthrough of the game and just wanted to make sure we were doing things properly. We had a good time with the tutorial and victory wasn't decided until the last impulse of the game.

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Hello
This question was asked yesterday and I will post the reply from the boss

Hi ********,

We are sorry for the delay, but we have to add this into a product order. This is going to happen but as I said not quickly. Replacement images have been added to the Clarifications and Corrections PDF the link is below.

Link: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/nation...

We have also updated the Nations At War Core Rules v3.0 as well.

Core Rules Link: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/nations-at-war-co...

So I am again sorry for the idea but they will be coming.

David

xIGuNDoCIx

Hello
This question was asked yesterday and I will post the reply from the boss

Hi ********,

We are sorry for the delay, but we have to add this into a product order. This is going to happen but as I said not quickly. Replacement images have been added to the Clarifications and Corrections PDF the link is below.

Link: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/nation...

We have also updated the Nations At War Core Rules v3.0 as well.

Core Rules Link: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/nations-at-war-co...

So I am again sorry for the idea but they will be coming.

David

"add this into a product order"

Wait. Does this mean that we will need to pay MORE money for corrected/missing counters when they arrive? I understand that LnL has provided the images for customers to print those missing/corrected counters but that's a hard pill to swallow if you are asking for additional funds to replace things that should have been there in the first place. I could let it go if the counters were just incorrectly printed but flat out missing counters like the (M4s from 4/51 and Designated Formations) should be at ZERO cost to the consumer who has already paid for them in the first place.

Hopefully this is not the case, can you please provide clarity?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

We have the replacement counters all ready to go. For the printer to print them we must print them with another order. These counters will be printed and shipped in our next print run which should be soon. We do not charge for the counters but we normally do ask you to cover the shipping. It order to fix the problem quickly we do provide the Clarification and Corrections PDF. We have also updated the the Player Aid Cards as well and made them a free download. You can find all of our Nations At War downloads here. Now if you want new counters we will provide those for free but we will ask you guys to cover the shipping.

David

carl dunfield

Hello,
Will the updated Nations At War Core Rules v3.0 rev 3 be included with the world at war 85 kick starter packages? If not what rev is the spiral bound rulebook?

Any updates on this, folks? It's a bit annoying to see the errors referred to as "previous edition" in my brand new from your store 2nd edition counter mix.

Last edited:

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

The counter errors are from the v2.0 release and I can understand the confusion, sorry that was not our intent. The counter corrections are from the current box game along with the older v2.0 of the rules. Since the series release, we have updated the game system rules and player aids to v3.0 and everything can be downloaded right now from our resource section here. Coming in with our next game shipment will be the corrected counters which will be available to anyone for just the shipping cost. I will post here once the replacement counters have shipped.

David

RedOneAlpha

Hi all,

Can someone please point out which counters have the wrong print (sheet Nº, colunm, row) for example? That´s the 2nd edition of White Star Rising. This would make life a bit easier for those that haven´t played the specific scenarios were the wrong print counters are used.

I have downloaded and printed the Nations at War Series Clarifications and Corrections Rev.29 and can see the corrected counters on page 17, but it´s obvious that it would be nice to know which counters they replace/correct in the first place, before getting into the sceanrios as stated above.

Thank you and stay safe,

Mike

Maybe this info could be pinned so anyone running into this dosen´t need to search for it. Could be I just missed this in the frist place, so sorry if that´s already been done in some way.

--

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Going by the sheet number, column and row is not useful if you already have punched your counters :-(

I was able to do it without those indications but I agree you have to pay attention to what you are doing and it's much easier to do when you still have the originals on the countersheet. What I did was to look at the corrected counters then find the associated original counters, identify what differences where and then replaced those that needed replacements. If I could do it, you could! :)

But here is something for you (S= sheet, R= row, C= column, 1st row is at the top, 1st column on the left):

White Star Rising
- The 4 M4A1 counters from 4/51st ARM replace the 4 counters that have M4A3E8 on the front side and M4A1 on the back side (S3R6C4-7)
- The M20 counter from 73rd REC replaces the counter with M20 on the front side and M8 on the back (S3R11C6)
- The 10 ARM INF counters(5 full strength and 5 reduced) from BECK replace the 10 ARM INF counters(5 full strength and 5 reduced) from BECK. Assault numbers changed on the reverse (vehicle) side (S2R5C1-8 and S2R6C1-2)
- The 4 ARM INF counters(2 full strength and 2 step loss) from AUFKL_ABT_4 replace the 4 ARM INF counters (2 full strength and 2 step loss) from AUFKL_ABT_4. Assault numbers changed on the reverse(vehicle) side (S2R7C1-4)
- Add the USA and German DESIGNATED FORMATION, 17PDR ATG, M4A3E2 JUMBO and HETZER counters to the game

A large part of this information was posted by Charles Ryder on the LNP NAW Facebook page. I essentialy only added the sheet, row, column.

I decline any responsibility if I made an error and you throw perfectly good counters in the recycling bin because of me :)

Last edited:

RedOneAlpha

Thank you very much Stéphane,

No I haven´t punched the counters or played any scenarios yet, that´s the main reason why I ask. Sure I could figure it out, but though that this would have been already done in-house. So just to save time and having to look through all 3 counter sheets (admin sheet not counted) one by one.

Wanted to do a video for my channel on this series, but I guess I´ll wait for when I can get the replacement counters from any shop in Europe, so far no luck yet which is another issue...

Again, thank you for your reply and help Stéphane.

All the best,

Mike

RedOneAlpha

RedOneAlpha,

Honestly, only one person has asked so we didn't find it needed. I also think Stephane answer is how everyone been doing it.

David

Well, we all know that not everybody jumps into a forum for questions or replys Dave, or goes on BGG to find out. Yes we are lucky to have forums now days, but I would also find it logical that if replacement counters are supplied, they should also be supplied to those shops who sell your products abroad too. In my case, Planetongames.com in Spain.

Nothing wrong with LnL doing what a user like Stephane has done from the start, of which is your responsability in the first place because it´s your issue, but hey it´s your decision. If I was in the US, then all I would have to do is pay for postage and problem solved, but as we talked in another thread, that´s not the case, so it´s a bit unfare for those abroad, which is something that should have been though of and adressed aswell.

Mike

--

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Mike, would you happen to have the NAW compendium counter sheet unpuched? I can't find an image of it online and would like to know which counter is sitting on S1R9C2 (I already recycled mine).

Edit: I should have wrote S2R9C2

I did not have to go on any forums to figure these things out; I just looked at the original counter sheets, then the replacement counters and I found what was replacing what. It does take time and not everybody nowadays want to put the time or effort into it. That is why I posted the above info (and also because I'm into that kind of things). I certainly did not did it because I thought LNLT was not doing their job and I'm not overly happy with you implying it. :(

Last edited: