Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Crack Crew in '42?

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone's thoughts are about replacing the "Crack" crew choice with a "Veteran" crew in the Short and Full campaigns? Thinking of the crew ratings as levels of training, it seems to me that "Veteran" would be about the highest level of training you could expect for an 8th AF crew in 1942 given that the US was newly in the war and the B-17 was a fairly new airplane. Thus, to start you'd have 3 "Veteran" crews and 9 "Green" ones and I'd consider those "Veteran" crews the guys that had been flying in the AAF before the war, while the "Green" crews would be the first batch of newly-trained crews fresh in from the US. That's my rationale, anyway.

Comments?

PABO

Hi David, my answer comes late but I just bought the game days ago...
I agree with your point of view on a pure realistic simulation level. But I also thing we are talking about a "game", wich in fact means "pleasure" for gamers. If we consider the 1942 short campaign to introduce the game to newcomers (as I) we can consider necessity for balancing realism versus "playability". That could be a justification of "veterans/cracks" availability in this war early year ?

PABO

Hello, what about "Lady Luck" marker that allows you to improve a crew level at any time... Appart from "game pleasure" what kind of rational can you atrach to such an "magical event" ?
Pascal