Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

New LnLT Map Pack Design On Its Way

Hmmm even after these pictures full hexes and bigger numbers IMO, you have to allow for not only older eyes but less than ideal light...looks like I’m a heretic!

Rydo

Hmmm even after these pictures full hexes and bigger numbers IMO, you have to allow for not only older eyes but less than ideal light...looks like I’m a heretic!
You're not. I love ln'l load maps, but easier more abstracted graphics would have had some advantages.

Hey Rydo,

Sorry i hate being a naysayer but I don’t see advantages in the suggested changes for play (they are great for aesthetics). Just being realistic. The suggested hexes are harder to determine as they are not complete and the smaller numbers are by nature going to be harder to read.

I’ve been playing hex games since the 70s and they were around before then, I have have seen the ‘hex apex style’ used before (can’t remember off the top of my head by who I’ll think about it) yet we still have full hexes in general use I think that says it all. They are simply easier for players. And re the hex numbers it’s obvious just making them smaller makes them harder to read, unless we go for fluorescent colours for the smaller number and they’ll go well next to my lovely camo tank counter haha ...

If the consensus is change go for it I’ll just stick with the games I have.

Cheers

Rydo

Hey Rydo,

Sorry i hate being a naysayer but I don’t see advantages in the suggested changes for play (they are great for aesthetics). Just being realistic. The suggested hexes are harder to determine as they are not complete and the smaller numbers are by nature going to be harder to read.

I’ve been playing hex games since the 70s and they were around before then, I have have seen the ‘hex apex style’ used before (can’t remember off the top of my head by who I’ll think about it) yet we still have full hexes in general use I think that says it all. They are simply easier for players. And re the hex numbers it’s obvious just making them smaller makes them harder to read, unless we go for fluorescent colours for the smaller number and they’ll go well next to my lovely camo tank counter haha ...

If the consensus is change go for it I’ll just stick with the games I have.

Cheers
I'm sticking with the ones i have too, maybe adding a white stroke to the hex letters could have helped them standing out and beign easier to read or increase their size.

Thats why i was saying abstracted graphics are better game wise, they tend to have less details, less shadows etc, and that allows for more visibility of the hex numbers.
In real life i rely on the top hex and count down to find my hex.
Still those 4k maps have great graphics and help immersion.

To be honest, i would have buyed all 4k maps but shippings and price + customs in my country means that i will easily get 60 dollars just for the maps of normandy :(

Nick DelCorpo

not hard to read for people with normal vision and get a lamp, its not healthy reading anything in low light. Strains the eyes don't you know :) But seriously, these look great, and the bleach white might make them stand out a lot better. The dots I think are most important for LOS and they are easy to see.My only concern is how this looks on the HotP maps or something more densely wooded. I think it would be better if there was one aesthetic overall for the system,, rather than special 4K maps that are better. I understood the X map thing for people who wanted bigger hexes but the best maps should be included with the game. Just my humble...

David goodwin

I am still looking for 4 and five story buildings. More like real life. The old simulation publications people had an algorithm for that.