Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Falklands: D8 roles

Jeff Berrier

So, going over the module rules for Heroes of the Falklands, I’m a bit confused about when to use the D8 for certain British units. I understand that many of the units have a D8 superscript, which makes it obvious that these units use D8 when firing. However:

—When firing with some British units (multi-unit attacks) that use a D6 and some that use a D8, is the die used determined by which unit is picked to “lead” the assault?

—Also, the first example of rule module rule 13.1.1 states that “a leader with a L7A2 (support weapon) attacks with 1 FP plus 1d8. However, none of the leaders contain the D8 superscript. The first sentence reads “British Para and Royal Marine (not Gurkha) Squads, Half-squads, and Heroes have a D8 superscript above their IFP.” No mention of leaders until the next sentence: “when these units and Leaders and the support weapons they carry attack, they do so with 1d8.”

So, does a leader attacking alone with a support weapon use a D8, as the example seems to imply? And does a 1d6 squad firing with a leader get to use a D8 instead? I’m just confused about which dice to use— and when—if leaders are involved in attacks. The rules don’t seem clear to me on this, but perhaps that’s just me. Thanks.

Barthheart

Staff member
Multi-unit stack with only some D8 capable units - I'd say yes it depends on who the lead unit in the attack... so always use the D8 troops to lead. ;)

I'm pretty sure that leaders don't get the D8 by themselves.

Barthheart

Staff member
Yep. That same example is in my old version of HotF. So, yes, it appears that the British Para and Marine leaders do get the D8 when attacking by themselves.
Good find.