Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Nick DelCorpo

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everybody had a nice week and weekend. I was setting up a scenario from Heroes of N. Africa, Terminal is the name. It has green Americans versus Vichy French. I was wondering if everyone agrees that the Vichy French forces should have higher morale versus the Americans in Torch?

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
I'm OK with it from the stand point that the US troops are green and the Vichy troops are fighting on home soil.

Nick DelCorpo

I'm OK with it from the stand point that the US troops are green and the Vichy troops are fighting on home soil.
Okay, i can dig it. Does anybody have any knowledge about how the Vichy forces in Morocco and Algeria performed, i haven't really done any research into the topic and the docs I've seen said it the defense was pretty lackluster and over soon.

Last edited:
The impression that I got from reading Rick Atkinson's "An Army at Dawn" was that the French were experienced battlers, but that their heart wasn't in the fight when one considers the overall spirit of the units. The impression that I got was that there were many Vichy that weren't all that enamored with the situation, but accepted it as a plausible option under the circumstances. Consider that they weren't really fighting for their country, but for an imposed government that occupied space in their native land.

Nick DelCorpo

The impression that I got from reading Rick Atkinson's "An Army at Dawn" was that the French were experienced battlers, but that their heart wasn't in the fight when one considers the overall spirit of the units. The impression that I got was that there were many Vichy that weren't all that enamored with the situation, but accepted it as a plausible option under the circumstances. Consider that they weren't really fighting for their country, but for an imposed government that occupied space in their native land.
well said.

Nick DelCorpo

The impression that I got from reading Rick Atkinson's "An Army at Dawn" was that the French were experienced battlers, but that their heart wasn't in the fight when one considers the overall spirit of the units. The impression that I got was that there were many Vichy that weren't all that enamored with the situation, but accepted it as a plausible option under the circumstances. Consider that they weren't really fighting for their country, but for an imposed government that occupied space in their native land.[/Q