Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Goodwood - Atlantic problem

I've started playing the Goodwood-Atlantic scenario from Steam Workshop. I gave orders to each of my divisions, planned the attack to commence in about three hours and when I clicked play, each of them made the following report:

X Division has temporarily bunkered down.
X Division has abandoned its attack mission - lack of time

What does that mean, what am I doing wrong? Is three hours not enough to start an attack for such a large formation?

john connor

Not sure. Surprised you can run Goodwood-Atlantic at all though. It's a beautiful piece of work but I cannot play a scenario that on fastest speed will only deliver 1 minute game time to 30 seconds real time. It would take 12 hours to play a twenty four hour scenario at that rate. I think Bie (the author) discovered the unit limits of the current engine when he made that scenario - limits in terms of human patience, I mean. I did encourage him to go for it, but the results were very slow in the end. To run such a scenario smoothly we would need multi-threading. It's on the development list.

Maybe Ioncore or Dave will eventually see your query if you wait a while. They are very busy with the patch at the moment, I know.