Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Missing nations

Glenn

It's been two years since Starman asked for BAOR to be included in the Red Star game.

May I ask for all 'missing nations' to be added please. It gets messy using the Brits and Argentinians from the Falklands set as stand-ins and remembering the mods you've made to the Soviet counters for the Poles and Czechs etc.

You don't need maps, the Red Star one is fine. You don't need scenarios as the Red Star generator can do them. Just making the counters is all you need do at first. Maps and scenarios can come later if there are enough people interested.

Cheers

Glenn

Rydo

The brits from Falklands are fine to represent english paras, and some special forces, but we still miss the regular army.

We should need an exp with the brits army, the west/east germans and some others.

But ln'l never offered counters without scenarios and maps, so as long as they don't have a new full exp in mind i doubt we will see them.

We could make them as a community and probably ln'l will publish them if done good enought, but i can't help with that right now, i'm very sorry.

Glenn

Hopes shattered, a life in ruins. How to assuage the grief? I did get the feeling that 'bodging' it was the only way forward. Thank you for your rapid reply, Rydo.

Rydo

Hopes shattered, a life in ruins. How to assuage the grief? I did get the feeling that 'bodging' it was the only way forward. Thank you for your rapid reply, Rydo.
What is bodging?

I never said it wont happen, it could actually, since they have the whole WAW storyline to follow, but i know for sure that a ln'l tactical exp for ww3 wont happen soon.

If ever i would bet a minimum of 4-5 years from now, probably more.

Surely new units and scenarios will be included in the new fanzine :)

Glenn

Hello and good afternoon Rydo,

A bodge is when you use something for which it is not purposed: a chisel instead of a screwdriver, an Argentinian unit as a Polish unit. It is not correct but it does a job - you've bodged it. The R.A.F., and I suspect the Navy and Army, do that a lot of the time.

I've gotten over my grief now. I drowned it in Guinness. Nevertheless, 4 or 5 years does mean an awful lot of competition may be on the market. If we liken this to fishing you should play the fish often to keep it on the hook. Stop doing that and it may well get off and get away.

Lock and Load are jolly busy and, to be honest, this is a mere backwater of a subject compared to what they are doing now.

Take care.

Cheers

Glenn

Rydo

If we liken this to fishing you should play the fish often to keep it on the hook. Stop doing that and it may well get off and get away.

I agree, and i can say that some fishes already went away, even some big fishes.

I'm trying to help keep those fishes...hope you wont leave too.

Glenn

Good morning Rydo,

No, I don't plan on going anywhere whilst there's bodging blood surging through my veins.

Cheers

Glenn